Lt. Commander
# 201
02-05-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifiguy View Post
Swordmasters make me crazy because they spam that knockdown of theirs which also does a ton of damage. Spending the whole time disabled isn't very fun. Some of those Gorn bites need looking at too. You get some where it chains "holds" on you one after the other. Its find that they can do these things, I just don't think its good for them to be able to chain stuns on you so easily.
yeah agreed they and their melee attack cuts through you like a hot knife threw butte. Best to keep everyone on them but when their are groups of them its hard to do that.
Lt. Commander
# 202
02-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
lol if you reread 99% of your posts your way beyond that lol
Fantastically made up fact.
Lt. Commander
# 203
02-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpunk View Post
Fantastically made up fact.
and continues to reply lol ah well what other wise things do you have to say?
Lt. Commander
# 204
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
A few types of NPC are nasty, I was doing a exploration mission last night and had to fight some random NPCS and they was extremely hard, the entire instance took me nearly an hour and there was only 4 groups of mobs to kill, but each set had a commander and his pistol spray attack was crazy, this was in the Eridian Belt.
Lt. Commander
# 205
02-05-2010, 11:35 AM
lol keep your QQing to yourself, ground combat is fairly balanced, they do NOT need a nerf, holy **** balls..... learn how to play.

I push all my skills (90%) to space combat, and I do just fine. Get some better gear, focus fire him down, aoe or w/e... just stop the QQ and learn to play lol.
Lt. Commander
# 206
02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
1 thing I noticed about the video you posted OP, your constantly running around while firing and wondering why your not doing very much damage?....

I usually crouch and shoot for the dmg bonus...if I see a swordmaster running towards me he's usually dead before he even reaches me...and if he does I just butt him in the face and roll backwards and keep shooting till he's dead....the only times I ever start to worry about dying is when I'm being flanked..
Lt. Commander
# 207
02-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eedrah View Post
1 thing I noticed about the video you posted OP, your constantly running around while firing and wondering why your not doing very much damage?....

I usually crouch and shoot for the dmg bonus...if I see a swordmaster running towards me he's usually dead before he even reaches me...and if he does I just butt him in the face and roll backwards and keep shooting till he's dead....the only times I ever start to worry about dying is when I'm being flanked..
well you run and jump to avoid damage lol since they do ALOT
Lt. Commander
# 208
02-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac09 View Post
well you run and jump to avoid damage lol since they do ALOT
Dude, I need you to read this, I mean really read it. In yellow text under weapon and skill descriptions are the words Expose and Exploit. When you use an expose attack it has a chance to paint a target with a flashing icon, and if you use an exploit attack it will do massive damage. Maybe you picked this up from what people have said in this thread, but early on in the thread you clearly didn't know this.

Go to your hotkey menu and find the "Attack my target" command, set it to a button within easy reach. Take a science and tac officer with expose attacks with you (look at their skill descriptions). Target something, hit the "Attack my target" button, you should roman numerals pop up on the mob indicating that your away team members are targeting them. They will then attempt to use their expose attacks, leaving you to use an exploit when it procs. Now you can partake in the fundamental mechanic of expose/exploit without switching weapons as you so irrationally object to.

Watching your vid, the lack of use of "Attack my target" is the single biggest flaw in your playstyle. You are the captain and you direct the aggro of your away team. Otherwise it is every man for himself.

Is there evidence that running and jumping somehow imrove your chance to dodge things or reduce the damage taken? I have some hazy memory that rolling might, but can't be sure.

Reading through the 20+ pages so far, I am glad for the first time that in game toons are marked with account handles.

mob = bad guy
proc = happen
key binds are under options
roman numerals = I, II, III, IV, V
Lt. Commander
# 209
02-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Hi, just wanted to say THANK YOU to all you folks who took the time to explain things in this thread.

I was having a massive problem with Swordmasters, but like a complete burke I had totally missed the whole Expose/Exploit thing! A quick change of weapons and an alternative Away Team choice has totally changed the whole thing.

My Science Officer main character is handling them pretty well with a combo of Tricorder Scan and Sniper Shot!

Thanks again!
Lt. Commander
# 210
02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
OIn any ground pve engagement send in your team first and let them take some aggro before you rush in spamming your AOE split beam