Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
I've maxed out Starship Shield Efficiency and Starship Weapon Efficiency, and do not have the option to train my Boffs with the appropriate Emergency power to weapons/shields as the tool tip indicates.

Is this a known bug? I haven't been able to find anything about it on the forums. I can train them with Fire at Will III and another skill which I can't recall while here at work.

I support auto fire! Please, let us have more! (only 2 weapons? Really?)

I am against a 60700 point skill cap with the current skill system!
I support weapon color fairness, Don't Discriminate against Pink Phasers!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 11:19 AM
i hope they will return
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 11:20 AM
You can only train Officers of the same type you are. Since you can train Fire at Will III I assume you're a Tactical Officer, so you will never be able to train Emergency Power to X abilities, as they are Engineering abilities. You'd have to trade them to a friend to have them trained instead.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Eesh, well I wish I would have read something that told me that in advance!

So when is that respec thing coming again? =P
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 11:40 AM
^ What he said. As a tactical officer you can only train BOs with Tactical skills, ie Canon Rapid Fire III.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 11:43 AM
So that being said how do I "TRADE" a boff to a friend to train them? I can't even move them to my inventory now?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thail.DL View Post
So that being said how do I "TRADE" a boff to a friend to train them? I can't even move them to my inventory now?
Correct. The only way to get Emergency Power to X III would be to find a rare BOFF that has the skill, and when you select him, tell him to train one of your BOFFs in that skill. Hopefully in the future they will add a way to trade activated BOFFs, as you can currently only trade ones that are waiting in your assignments tab.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 11:48 AM
As of yesterday I can't even trade ones that are "waiting for assignment".

There was apparently some documentation on that in the patch notes.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thail.DL View Post
Eesh, well I wish I would have read something that told me that in advance!

So when is that respec thing coming again? =P
Weeeell... To be completely fair there's a quest at the beginning that sends you to an npc which will explain exactly this. And the npc is still talkable to, and will offer the same advice, even after the quest. He's right in front of the BO trainer and the BO store on Earth's Spacedock.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoOBac View Post
Weeeell... To be completely fair there's a quest at the beginning that sends you to an npc which will explain exactly this. And the npc is still talkable to, and will offer the same advice, even after the quest. He's right in front of the BO trainer and the BO store on Earth's Spacedock.
LoL that was a bazillion levels ago when I didn't even realize that I could train my Boff's myself by maxing out ranks of skills, it's not exactly a situation that comes up very often, at least not for me.

That being said, everything in the game feels very under documented, from what abilities do to how to turn on auto fire. Sure if you dig and dig and dig, you can find a lot of this information, but really it feels like some sort of James bond spy mission to figure out some of this stuff.

My ignorance aside, now that I realize the error in my skill point spending ways, I guess I'm waiting till some other unspecified time when I can maybe potentially re-spend my skill points.

I support auto fire! Please, let us have more! (only 2 weapons? Really?)
I am against a 60700 point skill cap with the current skill system!
I support weapon color fairness, Don't Discriminate against Pink Phasers!