Lt. Commander
# 1 More silly skills questions
02-05-2010, 10:03 AM
I just wanted to get this clear to myself. perhaps someone can help with a few answers?
Let's say i train "Starship Shield Maintenance". According to the description, that will affect the special powers/abilities I (or a BO as well?) would be using like: Emergency power to shields or Reverse shield polarity. Does this have no other effect on my shield specs at all? ... Like passive better shield recharge, or passive slightly bigger HP on my shields, etc?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:18 AM
The T2 Starship Maintenance skills do not have any passive effects to your ship; they only modify your space abilities. The T3 Starship Efficiency skills do modify the respective power levels of your ship in the same way Starship Warp Core Training does. Those are the only five skills in the Starship Engineering tree that have passive bonuses.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 11:16 AM
My confusion is on these 2 sections: Starship Engineering & Starship Operations.
Starship Warp Core Training I see clearly being described as having a direct impact on the ships performance (Not via a power/ability)
All the others only seem to affect the ability/power strength ... not the ship's performance as well. A bit illogical to be honest.
Is there any other in those 2 sections that i am missing?

Also do these ability enhancing skills affect the BOs or just your own powers?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Lear
Also do these ability enhancing skills affect the BOs or just your own powers?
They definitely effect BOff powers. I put in some points in Starship Weapon Systems Maintenance and the amount my BOff's "Emergency Power to Weapons" adds to the weapon power level has gone up about 20% from it's original level.