Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 111
02-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
How does that affect the outcome of a fight? They aren't shooting you past 10km.

The answer to your question is on the forums, however. You'll have to search for it, which you haven't done yet.
They're shooting me from 10km, so its useless to detect I better save to prevent runners?

No. I did search and nada. What ability detects at 15km, name it. So I am stupid, but I checked all abilities and sensor scan is the BEST one.
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bos22
They're shooting me from 10km, so its useless to detect I better save to prevent runners?

No. I did search and nada. What ability detects at 15km, name it. So I am stupid, but I checked all abilities and sensor scan is the BEST one.
I redacted that until my buddy and I test it to make sure we can demonstrate that there are ways to reveal kdf in weapon range. If we do, I don't intend to tell people how but he probably will. He's funny that way.
Lt. Commander
# 113
02-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
I redacted that until my buddy and I test it to make sure we can demonstrate that there are ways to reveal kdf in weapon range. If we do, I don't intend to tell people how but he probably will. He's funny that way.
Weapons range? Since when the weapons range is at 15? Do you get that detection within weapons range is USELESS.
Lt. Commander
# 114
02-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Weapons range? Since when the weapons range is at 15? Do you get that detection within weapons range is USELESS.
When did the argument become you being able to find cloaked klingons anywhre on the map?
Lt. Commander
# 115
02-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
When did the argument become you being able to find cloaked klingons anywhre on the map?
We are talking about effective detection, so far feds don't have it. Detection within weapons range is useless. 1vs1 klingon opening up with viral matrix and rapid fire leaves no chance for any fed (except 1 skill which i cannot use it).

Tell me is it better to try to be lucky and use sensor scan randomly, or save it to prevent runners.
Lt. Commander
# 116
02-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
We are talking about effective detection, so far feds don't have it. Detection within weapons range is useless. 1vs1 klingon opening up with viral matrix and rapid fire leaves no chance for any fed.

Tell me is it better to try to be lucky and use sensor scan randomly, or save it to prevent runners.
There's a much, much better skill than either of those available to you.
Lt. Commander
# 117
02-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
There's a much, much better skill than either of those available to you.
Detection skills?

Lets see passive detection with enough aux and sensor equipment

Sensor Scan ~7-10km
Charged Particle Burst ~5km

That's 2 skills I know, I don't know all skills only level 29 so far.