Lt. Commander
# 1 Non-combat social area's
02-05-2010, 03:32 AM
I kinda like to know what area's are socialable planets. I know Andoria Vulcan, Wolf 359, Risa, DP9, Earth space station, K-7, Memory Alpha are the ones for Federation, but is there more for the Federations?

Also I only heard Qo'nos is like the only Socialable planet for Klingons, is that really true or not? If not then please tell me which other system is. I would like to check it out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trunksmad View Post
Also I only heard Qo'nos is like the only Socialable planet for Klingons, is that really true or not? If not then please tell me which other system is. I would like to check it out.
Klingons do not care about 'social' interactions beyond toasting victory and spouting stories, and what better place to do it than the great halls of Qo'nos! Q'pla!

There is likely going to be Klingon outposts once Klingon Episodic PvE is in game (emphasis on episodic, rather than patrol and explore missions)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 03:51 AM
True but the Orions may need a place to auction off their slaves and such. Cant forget the slave auctions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
True but the Orions may need a place to auction off their slaves and such. Cant forget the slave auctions.
The game was built for Federation players. You're never more than 2 blocks away from Sol - to buy upgrades for their exploration tokens/get new ships etc - at the moment (unless you're in an exploration cluster), but to get from Romuus to Qo'nos you need to travel 4 blocks.

If Klingon Episodic PvE is to be implemented, it would likely either be A) limited to Sirius, Regulus and Psi Velorum, B) they'll add more sector blocks south and east of Qo'nos specifically for Klingons, or C) they add Klingon outposts to the further away sectors, proper ones, with reward vendors in alteast one of them.

You'll notice that the location of the Borg sector is at the south of the Sirius sector, which is the main end-game stuff, (for both Fed and Klingon) is 2 sectors from Qo'nos. So there is something to be said for always being 2 sectors from reward and ship vendors. we shall see what happens when Episodic PvE comes out, but atm I don't think there's anything except Qo'nos for Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 04:26 AM
Transwarp is available to Sol System, so I would think that Club 47 would be the happening spot. Hopefully more people will join us there after a few months. ...but, Cryptic needs to do something about the 15 minute AFK
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limulus
Transwarp is available to Sol System, so I would think that Club 47 would be the happening spot. Hopefully more people will join us there after a few months. ...but, Cryptic needs to do something about the 15 minute AFK
I'm not sure I understand why the 15 min afk timer is an impedibment to socializing..

There was a post yesterday from one of the devs that additional social spaces is something they are working on for the future.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 11:11 AM
But you are all forgetting the point of my question. Is there other planets that aren't combat. I just know that space station's, Risa, Vulcan, Andoria, and Qo'Nos are.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
But you are all forgetting the point of my question. Is there other planets that aren't combat. I just know that space station's, Risa, Vulcan, Andoria, and Qo'Nos are.
That's pretty much it. This is supposedly intentional. The Hailing Frequency podcast asked Zinc, the lead STO guy, why there aren't more social areas.

The answer was something to the effect of... if too many planets were just social areas, not mission locations, it'd confuse players.

Secondly, if there were too many social areas in the game at launch, the players actually wanting to socialize would be split across a large number of locations. Better to have fewer places and a higher concentration of people in each one.

More areas may be added later.