Lt. Commander
# 1 is ground healing useless?
02-05-2010, 12:09 PM
I have already begun putting points into medic/healing skills only to see a lot of talk that it is completely useless, since there's hardly any penalty to dying. (except from running back to wherever)

Now i'm a parent who plays with my wife and another parent, so we don't have very much time to play to try over and over again to win encounters if we die, so i'm thinking MAYBE it will still be useful for us?

Hoping to get some opinions on whether it would be a waste to continue medical skills.

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 12:09 PM
i maxed out medical tricorder. I find it more realistic than cheat spawning and run. My BO is always seen running through the fight to heal. I like it and use it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 12:33 PM
ok, if its good enough for gangster kermit its good enough for me thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
I just waiting for a nice nurses uniform. I hope it doesn't cost too much in C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm very glad my Science BOff has Medical Tricorder I maxed and I'm working on maxing out her Vascular Regeneration skill. She uses both all the time, definitely can make a big difference in a fight.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 01:04 PM
It might not be so much that healing is useless, but that there are many otehre things you could be doing instead of heaing that will increase group survivabliilty in the long run.

Unless you're running in a full party, you're better off leaving healing to a passive BO (with healing skills of course) or popping hyposprays/shield batteries. Using science skills that debuff damage resistance or that hold/KD/Expose enemies and exploiting those exposes will do more to prevent damage taken than active healing ever will compensate for.

The fact that you pretty much full auto-heal out of combat compounds the issue of active healing having diminished importance.

So while you may not be wasting skill points in healing, there are more optimal things you could be spending those points on which would better help away team survivability and success. (In theory anyhow, the ground game is amazingly easy as it currently is).