Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
You can also get a little "ceremony" int he Statroom - it's just all the NPCs there saluting you, but hey, it's better than nothing...

You didn't invite your parents? My whole family attended mine. We had a big graduation party afterwards.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow_Death View Post
You didn't invite your parents? My whole family attended mine. We had a big graduation party afterwards.
Couldn't.

You see, my grandma had a affection for Tribbles...too much affection, as it turns out. When the police found 'em, all that was left was a bunch of Tribbles and some bones...

After that, any Tribbles I find are either deep-fried, fricaseed, or roasted with cilantro and red onion. Potatoes make a good side dish, as well as spinach OR candied yams.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 06:48 PM
You might be interested in this post concerning your data samples.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=97457
Ensign
# 14 So far so good.
03-10-2013, 10:43 PM
So I ordered a new ship at the shipyard. it's a brand spanking new cruiser for LT. COM. but how can I get into it or retrieve it or whatever? I went back into my ship hoping it would just appear but it didn't I also couldn't find a menu or anything to switch ships. Help anybody?
Captain
# 15
03-11-2013, 04:11 AM
Quote:
So I ordered a new ship at the shipyard. it's a brand spanking new cruiser for LT. COM. but how can I get into it or retrieve it or whatever? I went back into my ship hoping it would just appear but it didn't I also couldn't find a menu or anything to switch ships. Help anybody?
In the same room where you picked out the ship, there should be an NPC where you can look at the ships you own and who let's you pick an active one. The NPC is located right across the shipyard entrance.
Captain
Ensign
# 17 Transfering NPC crew
06-26-2014, 07:29 AM
I purchased my new ship after promotion to LtCmdr but my crew did not automatically switch over. How do move my crew?
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-26-2014, 07:47 AM
To setup your crew on your new ship, open your character tab (U key), select the ship, go to the Stations tab at the top, and then use the drop downs to assign your boffs to stations.

If you have been levelling up your boffs, it may be worthwhile to promote a few of them as well, as your new ship has a higher ranked station, and you will get more than one boff ability.

In the future, please post new threads for questions. The forum's pretty picky about necro'd threads, I don't remember offhand what the exact number of days is, but I think if it's around 30 days or more, a new thread is wanted. That said, I think there's a limit on how soon you can create a thread, which is kind of foolish for a subforum like The Academy, which is for questions.

I'm sure a mod will clarify when they come by to kill the zombie thread.
Captain
# 19
06-26-2014, 07:52 AM
Case in point about Necros:

This thread tells you to go to "second floor shipyard" after talking to Quinn. With new ESD, shipyard is more-or-less right outside Quinn's office - head out door, see row of people at desks underneath the window, run to row of people at desks, shipyard...

Which is why, sometimes, I think the rule about "new players can't start new posts" is more of a pain than necros - until they hit the qualifier, their only option is to necro instead of start the new post. Lt Cmdr can be reached in less than a day, it takes closer to a week to get new post rights...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Lt. Commander
# 20
06-26-2014, 08:07 AM
After you have "purchased" (I say that in quotes because you get one at that level free from promotion missions up until level 40, but this applies to any new ship you get from the shipyard) the ship....

... you have to go to a "ship selector" agent in order to choose which ship you are using. This is because you still have access to your old ships unless you choose to dispose of them. At ESD, this person is located between the ship requisition agent and the console sales agents. There's also (if you are elsewhere) one right next to the transporter at Drozana, which is pretty convenient, and one in the same room as the exchange and shipyard at K-7. (Their icon is a ship with arrows on either side of it, like you would scroll.)

You can change ships anytime, as many times, as you want without cost or penalty (or risk of losing the ship you are switching out of).
Closed Thread