Lt. Commander
Disclaimer: I am completely new to this game. I wasnt in beta and just bought a retail copy yesterday.

I have seen references to Klingon missions in other threads, but I cant find anything on the main website that says you have the option of playing as a Klingon. It gives some info about their faction, but thats it. In the game itself, I was never given an option of making a Klingon character...just Federation. Whats the deal?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 12:47 PM
you must reach level 6 or complete the stop the signal mission which is available at level 4 to play the klingon faction. or to play a fed klingon you can buy the option through the c store for 240 cryptic points.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 12:50 PM
You have to unlock Klingon as a playable race if you want to play the opposing faction. I believe there is a quest that needs to be completed and usually you are around level 5 or 6 before this happens. I only did it once in beta.

The other way is you can play a federation Klingon by clicking alien race and making your klingon with the character creation options. It will not say 'Klingon' but it will look like a Klingon, except it will be wearing a Fed outfit.

Or if you want your race to be Klingon immediately in name as well you can buy the race in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypuppet
You have to unlock Klingon as a playable race if you want to play the opposing faction. I believe there is a quest that needs to be completed and usually you are around level 5 or 6 before this happens. I only did it once in beta.

The other way is you can play a federation Klingon by clicking alien race and making your klingon with the character creation options. It will not say 'Klingon' but it will look like a Klingon, except it will be wearing a Fed outfit.

Or if you want your race to be Klingon immediately in name as well you can buy the race in the C-store.
This is the way to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the responses. Yes, that answers my question.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
btw, this is actually what I did. I wanted to make a Klingon hybrid that was Federation anyway. So that is how I made my first character.

But it is nice to know I can still play as a Klingon if I get bored of the Federation side.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyklingon
you must reach level 6 or complete the stop the signal mission which is available at level 4 to play the klingon faction. or to play a fed klingon you can buy the option through the c store for 240 cryptic points.
This is not true. I have a Klingon and I have never done that mission. Level 6 is all you need. Honestly I don't know why people think you need to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickElf
This is not true. I have a Klingon and I have never done that mission. Level 6 is all you need. Honestly I don't know why people think you need to do it.

You must not have read the post you quoted well enough. Thee word OR is between Become level 6, and Do Stop the Signal....
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
At lieutenant grade 6 the option unlocks and you can go back to the create char screen and play with the klingon faction