Lt. Commander
So far, I'm enjoying the game immensely. The one major gripe I have concerns when you do system scans for Anomalies.

My science officer that performs the scans comes up and says "we have 4 anomalies in the system" but can't bother to tell me where they are? Shouldn't these results show on my map or something along those lines, as the enemy ships, friends and other particles in Null space seem to do?

I can spend a lot of time trapezing around the system and never find all the anomalies. Now that I know that you need the "loot" for system and weapon upgrades at memory alpha makes it even more frustrating now.

Can this please be looked at? Maybe adding a sensor upgrade that allows this or something...Anything that would help and make sense.

thanks Cryptic and keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 03:14 PM
When you scan a beam of light emits towards the closest anomaly from the glowing circle that surrounds your ship. Just head in that direction and you'll see the anomaly in short order.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Umm, have you played recently? At the end of open beta scanning got an upgrade so it points you to the anomaly. That circle that appears around your ship, and then the light beam points in the diraction. Before it would tell you only number of anomalies, but now it points you towards it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
not only does it point you to anomalies but in some quests it will point you to quest objectives as well.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:37 PM
What they said...

They actually did change this in open beta, and the way it works now is a big improvement...

Just follow the beam =)

Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 03:37 PM
why do people need scanners to find the anomalies... you can see them 1/2 across the map or they are next to the objectives.... are people blind or stupid. havent had to use the pitiful scanner once.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
For the exploration missions where you have to scan 4 artifacts, the scanner is very useful. The beam of light points you to every objective.

I've also seen it point you to the nearest crate/locker as well.