Lt. Commander
# 1 Help getting started
02-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Im having a problem searching, everything comes up "nothing found." I have a simple question, how do I start playing the game? I bought a download version, so I didn't get any written directions/manuals.

Can some1 give me a step by step. I've hit every button, and looked through every window/ sub-window and I do not see a "play game/ start game"
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
If you installed the game on Windows Vista/Windows 7, you should get an icon for Star Trek Online in the Games menu. When you click it, you'll get the patcher - log in there, and once it's done patching, click Engage. This will take you to the character select screen automatically.

The server is actually down at the moment so don't worry if you get timeout messages or anything - it'll be back up within an hour or two, hopefully.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Unless you have a retail key, you're "downloaded" version won't work... if you do have one, I suggest you download it again or patch it up to the current version. Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Whoever you bought the download version should have supplied you with a key to use.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 03:46 PM
There is also a brief online manual here:
http://www.startrekonline.com/manual

But the tutorial is pretty well done and great for getting your feet wet. Once the server is back up, that is.