Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Defend missions aren't that insteresting for grinding, not to mention loots aren't good at all. All Admirals I know went to explore or PvP missions to grind, not Defend Sector.

From a RP point of view, defend missions can be repeatable, when you're at war, you have to fight often for the same place and you still get more experienced even if you fight all daylong for the same building, I don't understand why they should do something about this.

Timers are way too long by the way. 6 minutes to try again forces players to swap instance which is a bad thing. Just make it a 1 minute or so timer and ppl won't swap anymore.

For the grinding part, you can introduce some XP limitation forcing ppl to change sector to defend when they reach a said lvl.

I fail to see why you want them to nerf this...if there are many ppl afk in there, just swap instance, since you cried because ppl can do it, do it yourself, be a bit more clever...
Lt. Commander
# 12 RE//
02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Most of the admirals you see in the game weigh like 300lbs and haven't slept for a week, you see the same thing in ********, within the first few days of the game some people where max levels, wile it takes others months even years to get that level, it don't mean that the game needs nerfed, who do you think enjoys the game more, some one that takes there time and actually reads what the story line missions say or the people that blow through the game like a bat out of hell.. If you like the game just have fun, don't worry about what others are doing, it'll just bring you down.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
My biggest annoyance is I get into one of them and you're immediately attacked by three nearby groups. At least dump us somewhere without enemies nearby so we can get our bearings, assess the situation, and wait for other players. Save the surprise attacks for missions where it's intentional.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraA1 View Post
My biggest annoyance is I get into one of them and you're immediately attacked by three nearby groups. At least dump us somewhere without enemies nearby so we can get our bearings, assess the situation, and wait for other players. Save the surprise attacks for missions where it's intentional.
it's very cool you mean !

The ONLY hard thing to do is survive this, don't take it away !

You don't lose anything when dying so why do you want to take the only challenge away ?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzangard View Post

You don't lose anything when dying so why do you want to take the only challenge away ?
yeah well, im fine with it too as long as they dont add a death penalty. If they do then being sucked into a swarm of enemies and being halfway dead before the loading screen is done isnt acceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzangard View Post

Actually that's just a flawed spawn system.
The game DOES need challenge. BADLY. Although not in that form. Taking off infinite lives and punishing death, for one, is a start. It would be nice for science and support to....actually have a purpose other than being a less effective DPSer.