Lt. Commander
# 391
02-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hani_Obaid
So to claim my bonus items I have to enter my retail key.

I purchased a preorder (details below)
(http://www.gametap-shop.com/pc-games...e-Edition.html)
for $60 form gametap and a lifetime subscription from cryptic for $240. Who will send me the retail key to activate the bonuses I paid for in my preorder package, cryptic or gametap ? and why do they have to make this so complicated, why not just give me what I paid for period.

Bonuses quoted on both gametap and cryptic's preorder page for the package I purchased:
TOS Uniform Set (in-game item): 3 Uniforms from the Original series (blue, red, yellow)

Joined Trill: Play as a joined Trill. The joined Trill is a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience. The "Joined" species trait grants you a bonus to 5 skills.

Exclusive “KHAAAN!” Emote (in-game item): An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”

Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote (in-game item): Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet and interact with other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture -the blood wine toast.

Unique Registry Prefix (in-game item): Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.”

Unique Ship Item (in-game item): - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module that grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.
I pre-ordered the same one from Gametap. I got an email from them today that said the download links and retail key were included, but only the download links were in the mail. The main reason I purchased from them was for the TOS uniforms and joined Trill, because that's what it said you got on this site's pre-order page for this particular retailer.

I've sent Gametap a mail requesting my retail code. If I don't get my goodies from it there's just going to be one more angry message on these boards about this whole mess.
Lt. Commander
# 392
02-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
I pre-ordered the same one from Gametap. I got an email from them today that said the download links and retail key were included, but only the download links were in the mail. The main reason I purchased from them was for the TOS uniforms and joined Trill, because that's what it said you got on this site's pre-order page for this particular retailer. I've sent Gametap a mail requesting my retail code. If I don't get my goodies from it there's just going to be one more angry message on these boards about this whole mess.
Apparently this is the thanks we get for pre-ordering, we got robbed
Lt. Commander
# 393 Still Can`t Connect!
02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
I still can`t connect! am I missing something?
Lt. Commander
The entire project management team, development team, procurement and any other department involved in the release of STO should be terminated.

They have taken an AMAZING opportunity for Cryptic, Atari and the Star Trek brand and basically screwed it over, and over, and over. Someone was pushing to keep launch date set, and made a bad decision by not pushing it back until things were in order. I would've been fine continuing to beta test until things were working, but this issue with paying for a game that doesn't work is pure crap. That makes this, in my books officially the worst launch and worst beta experience ever, for any PC game.
Lt. Commander
# 395
02-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager2001
The entire project management team, development team, procurement and any other department involved in the release of STO should be terminated.

They have taken an AMAZING opportunity for Cryptic, Atari and the Star Trek brand and basically screwed it over, and over, and over. Someone was pushing to keep launch date set, and made a bad decision by not pushing it back until things were in order. I would've been fine continuing to beta test until things were working, but this issue with paying for a game that doesn't work is pure crap. That makes this, in my books officially the worst launch and worst beta experience ever, for any PC game.
Agreed. I can't even complete the activation form for this game without a prepaid card.
Lt. Commander
# 396 three days old now
02-05-2010, 01:50 AM
count me among the many MANY preordered collectors edition with only THREE of the promised items.

Chromodynamic Armor, Multi-spatial Personal Shield, TR-116, Automated Defense Battery, NX prefix = all missing!

i got the borg to work on the second day, i relogged until i was blue as a borg baby to get that to load then i had to start all over again.

i absolutely refuse to restart again now that im commander 8 just for the NX name on my ships!

could someone in the support team actually REPLY to my support ticket to tell me what the heck is happening, eta's something! instead of seeing just the no reply message?

and why the hell is this "UPDATE" not updated three days into the launch you would think we would know SOMETHING by now. sheesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Trouble with the Headstart? Read on for a quick update on the issues you've been reporting.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 397
02-05-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnobber
count me among the many MANY preordered collectors edition with only THREE of the promised items.

Chromodynamic Armor, Multi-spatial Personal Shield, TR-116, Automated Defense Battery, NX prefix = all missing!
The chromodimium armor is worthless , it doesn't even let you sell it as with anything that's a preorder bonus it seems. Although it is marked as very rare, it's value is 0! Now that I think about it most of the preorder items int he digital deluxe/collectors editions are worthless. They only sound good to someone who hasn't played the game. Even the TOS uniform I preordered the deluxe edition for, only has the top! Maybe they want people to pay extra for the rest in a future "bonus".

You will get the shield/armor and the other ship bonus items by opening the cryptic store (triangle on minimap) after your retail key has been entered. My preorder vendor sent me the key several days late (after launch day).

About the NX prefix, you will get it when you get your next ship yourself or a free one once you hit Captain. What would have been nice is a shorter ship registry. The 90000009 thing looks ugly. The enterprise only had 4 number in its registry, and you're not allowed to call the ship enterprise

Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 398
02-05-2010, 09:16 AM
i think they should compensate us preorder people by giving us exploration badges of the 4th order for REALLY nice stuff at captain level
Lt. Commander
# 399
02-05-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by llelowyn View Post
Definitely the worst network setup I have seen in quite a while.
Apparently we have to be transferred from a login server, to an account server, to a game server. Each step we take, has a high chance of disconnecting us or timing out due to traffic. 3 chances to fail before we get to even play. THEN, you have each map instance, which apparently transfers us between servers again, and giving us another chance to disconnect. Is this seriously how you all planned on setting up the game? Destined for failure at this rate, especially since the servers cannot handle the traffic.

Not even mentioning the problems with pre-order items that are only useful in T1.

Devs need to solve the more concerning issues with connection and load-bearing before messing with in-game items. I hope you guys don't get any sleep tonight, because if you do it better be riddled with guilt.

Other than that, thanks for at least starting the game on time.
everyone is paying through the roof for thsi game...
and they aren't able to fix teh ingame items while they also fix teh servers...
if you think about it WoW has a quicker response to tickets, while STO tehy just sit out there until there is liek 20,000 of the same problem >.<
Lt. Commander
# 400
02-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnobber

i got the borg to work on the second day, i relogged until i was blue as a borg baby to get that to load then i had to start all over again.

i absolutely refuse to restart again now that im commander 8 just for the NX name on my ships!

could someone in the support team actually REPLY to my support ticket to tell me what the heck is happening, eta's something! instead of seeing just the no reply message?

and why the hell is this "UPDATE" not updated three days into the launch you would think we would know SOMETHING by now. sheesh

Just thought I would point out that all those items you listed as "missing" are items you have to claim from the C-Store and can be applied to any ship you have at any time. You can only claim them once per character though. Just go intot he C-Store option and claim them.