Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Would Picard trade Data for a superior Bridge Officer with a rare ability? I doubt it. At the same time I don't want to gimp myself by sticking with crappy BOs.
Certainly not! Data would effectively be a Purple Unique Bridge Officer. However, I can pretty much guarantee that he would happily trade Doctor Katherine Pulaski for a better Medical Officer. And I'd be willing to be that he regretted not getting rid of Ro Laren before she betrayed Starfleet.

Cheers!
BO_Canuck (hmmm... that doesn't sound right!)
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCeruleanSentinel View Post
...The most infuriating is that this seems to then also feed into the max/capped skill point deal. This is so wrong on so many levels and is SO broken.
The Max/capped skill point deal is for captains only... you'll continue to gain skill points for you BOffs even at max level.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Data already was a rare bridge officer, so it's a bad analogy. He was physically and mentally superior to probably everyone on the ship, although he lacked some intuition and understanding of human emotions. Maybe Riker or Couselor Troi would have been a better example.

As far as the bridge officer traits, as far as I can tell they only effect ground combat. Frankly they aren't worth much. I would not give up a high trained space BO for one that has some inconsequential ground trait.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_2099 View Post
Certainly not! Data would effectively be a Purple Unique Bridge Officer. However, I can pretty much guarantee that he would happily trade Doctor Katherine Pulaski for a better Medical Officer. And I'd be willing to be that he regretted not getting rid of Ro Laren before she betrayed Starfleet.

Cheers!
BO_Canuck (hmmm... that doesn't sound right!)
Yeah but Picard made the mistake of trading Dr. Crusher in for Pulaski in the first place, and then got his original doctor back. I guess he must have hit the wrong button and then contacted a GM for help getting his original BO back! Now if only Cryptic's GMs were as helpful, I wouldn't be stuck in the "Avalonh".
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 08:53 PM
I've never owned a Rare BO, but my first pick, a Bolian Engineer, was named Imjim hot off the RNG. So he's staying, no matter what I need to teach him.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 09:01 PM
This was the exact question I had! I didn't know if I should trade my current BO's to for the new shinny blue ones. I didn't want to gimp myself.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 10:12 PM
didn't they trade wesley for whoopie goldberg?