Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I have seriously played about 40 Space FvK battles and my team has NEVER won a single match, never even been in a match where my whole team has had even 1/2 the kills of the feds. There is some serious imbalance at the T2 level, all the Feds do is sit in a ball, and spam their spacebars, that way when the first klingon ship decloaks to attack he's got 40 phasers and 20 torps already enroute to him. He's dead within seconds, which is the amount of time it takes for the next klingon ship to decloak, rinse, repeat. It's pointless, completely and utterly an exercise in futility. It's so retarded its not even fun to play, except to just resort to repeatedly full-imping into the crowd of feds so that I can die and get the arena over a little faster so I can get my badges... because there is no freaking way in hell that we can ever beat them.

Anyone else experience the same frustrating, pointless, retardedness?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-05-2010, 05:50 PM
I've played many close T2 battles (think 15/13) as Federation, both win and lose.

Usually you will want to send a tank in first with Reverse Shield Polarity, and have every ally ready with Transfer Shield Strength, Extend Shields, Science Team.

Pick apart the Fed defense, starting with the weakest ship and then switching to the next weakest ship when your first target gets healed (i.e., puts the Fed healing on cooldown).

This is roughly the strategy that works against me very well, and similar to the strategy we employ on our enemy.

The deciding factor in our close matches ends up being which team can support each other (i.e., heals, buffs, etc.) better than the other.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-05-2010, 05:51 PM
T2 isnt the easy mode it was in T1 as a Klingon. In T3 the game is actually somewhat balanced - minus escorts sucking and Klingons still not having a cruiser for some reason...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habeas
I have seriously played about 40 Space FvK battles and my team has NEVER won a single match, never even been in a match where my whole team has had even 1/2 the kills of the feds. There is some serious imbalance at the T2 level, all the Feds do is sit in a ball, and spam their spacebars, that way when the first klingon ship decloaks to attack he's got 40 phasers and 20 torps already enroute to him. He's dead within seconds, which is the amount of time it takes for the next klingon ship to decloak, rinse, repeat. It's pointless, completely and utterly an exercise in futility. It's so retarded its not even fun to play, except to just resort to repeatedly full-imping into the crowd of feds so that I can die and get the arena over a little faster so I can get my badges... because there is no freaking way in hell that we can ever beat them.

Anyone else experience the same frustrating, pointless, retardedness?
Is this sarcasm? You can't be serious.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habeas
I have seriously played about 40 Space FvK battles and my team has NEVER won a single match, never even been in a match where my whole team has had even 1/2 the kills of the feds. There is some serious imbalance at the T2 level, all the Feds do is sit in a ball, and spam their spacebars, that way when the first klingon ship decloaks to attack he's got 40 phasers and 20 torps already enroute to him. He's dead within seconds, which is the amount of time it takes for the next klingon ship to decloak, rinse, repeat. It's pointless, completely and utterly an exercise in futility. It's so retarded its not even fun to play, except to just resort to repeatedly full-imping into the crowd of feds so that I can die and get the arena over a little faster so I can get my badges... because there is no freaking way in hell that we can ever beat them.

Anyone else experience the same frustrating, pointless, retardedness?
T2 on the kdf side requires coordination, focus and skill. You won't win it by accident.

I have about a 40% win ratio in t2 with pugs that actually try, and most of those are close fights. With a coordinated group, about a 60% win rate and those are mostly very close fights.

T2 is fun for kdf. Feds have an easy advantage.

In t2, I ran with a support bop config. Engineering team 1, hazard emitters 1, reverse shield polarity and high yield torps with an engineering captain. My sci guy has cpb as his lt com skill.

I'd decloak first, let them hit me a few times, balance shields, rsf - keep balancing shields and let them get me down to almost hull (which happens fast when everyone's on you)

then my team decloaks and attacks the DPSers first (they won't have RSP). if there's a lot of support, a really good kdf team will have two targets and switch to secondary if the first gets too much support

by this time I have burned through shields, and have to hit hazard emitters and rsp and start my exit - I should already be 4-5k from the nearest fed

chances are we've killed 2 feds and are killing the third now - if we can kill 3, the fight is ours. if we can't, we have to pull back and regroup. We've probably lost 1 if the feds retarget, 2 if they retargetted fast when I rsp.

the second time we attack I don't have rsp up, so we go at it differently, and I jack aux, heal teammates, drop mines and use cbp - which btw is some scary damage if the enemy groups up
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
T2 on the kdf side requires coordination, focus and skill. You won't win it by accident.

I have about a 40% win ratio in t2 with pugs that actually try, and most of those are close fights. With a coordinated group, about a 60% win rate and those are mostly very close fights.

T2 is fun for kdf. Feds have an easy advantage.
This, while Feds have a slight advantage, its by no means a nowin scenario for Klingons.. Id say the percentages above sounds about right.. 50/50 I think overall
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
This, while Feds have a slight advantage, its by no means a nowin scenario for Klingons.. Id say the percentages above sounds about right.. 50/50 I think overall
I am not sure I am saying it right.

The feds have an -obvious- strategy here which they can execute without coordination. They can bunch up and focus fire. Beating that requires misdirection.

I don't know that I would say they have an advantage one way or another in t2 - the sides are so different that it's hard to quantify. One side has specialized ships and cruisers, the other is -all- dps ships that are flexible.

In t2 if both teams are playing poorly, feds win.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I played Klingon through headstart as I wanted a joined Trill for my Fed main. Once I got to T2 I quickly learned to find the escorts and make them top priority as they are the greatest single threat to a raptor or bop and the easiest for Klingon's to kill.

So today I decided to do some pvp on my Fed escort in T2, in the handful of games I have played today I have had maybe 3 deaths and have been jumped from cloak once, and I was never focus fired. Stop going for the big cruisers and the sci ships, kill escorts first always or else they will rip the low shields and hull of the Klingon's to pieces.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiss View Post
T2 isnt the easy mode it was in T1 as a Klingon. In T3 the game is actually somewhat balanced - minus escorts sucking and Klingons still not having a cruiser for some reason...
apparently you have not played T3 as a klingon since we have a cruiser and our escorts do not sucknor do the Fed escort suck they are just primary targets for us as ours are for you.

The issue in T2 for klingons is a lack of a cusier. you can win pvp just takes practice with a good group. At tier 2 solar wind, cracked planet and the mine one are your best bets in space pvp.. the salvage one is a bit hard for klingons at tier 2
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habeas
I have seriously played about 40 Space FvK battles and my team has NEVER won a single match, never even been in a match where my whole team has had even 1/2 the kills of the feds. There is some serious imbalance at the T2 level, all the Feds do is sit in a ball, and spam their spacebars, that way when the first klingon ship decloaks to attack he's got 40 phasers and 20 torps already enroute to him. He's dead within seconds, which is the amount of time it takes for the next klingon ship to decloak, rinse, repeat. It's pointless, completely and utterly an exercise in futility. It's so retarded its not even fun to play, except to just resort to repeatedly full-imping into the crowd of feds so that I can die and get the arena over a little faster so I can get my badges... because there is no freaking way in hell that we can ever beat them.

Anyone else experience the same frustrating, pointless, retardedness?
My fleet won about 95% of our battles in T2. All you need is a Solid Communication.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:07 AM.