Lt. Commander
# 1 Rank System
02-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I tried doing a search to see how the rank system works but didn't find any so I am making a thread
to ask, how does the rank system work. I should rephrase, what are the levels to each rank before a
promotion. I ask because I am Lt Cmdr 10 and it is saying my next level is Lt Cmdr 11 when it was my understanding it should be Cmdr. I have no skill points to spend, that is I am not hording any.

Was this level system changed? now it is greater than 10 to Cmdr?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
I tried doing a search to see how the rank system works but didn't find any so I am making a thread
to ask, how does the rank system work. I should rephrase, what are the levels to each rank before a
promotion. I ask because I am Lt Cmdr 10 and it is saying my next level is Lt Cmdr 11 when it was my understanding it should be Cmdr. I have no skill points to spend, that is I am not hording any.

Was this level system changed? now it is greater than 10 to Cmdr?
you have to spend all your skill points to advance
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Each rank has 10 grades to it...you actually need to be like LT. CMDR. 11 to become a Commander.....you need to use the required amount of skill points to reach the next rank before getting promoted and getting your next tier ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty4286 View Post
you have to spend all your skill points to advance
As I said, I have spent all skill points earned to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryl
Each rank has 10 grades to it...you actually need to be like LT. CMDR. 11 to become a Commander.....you need to use the required amount of skill points to reach the next rank before getting promoted and getting your next tier ship.
So from Lt Cmdr 11 the next rank will be Cmdr?

Does it matter what skill points are spent on to advance in rank? What I mean is, are there specifics that
must be at a certain skill level or you do not advance in rank?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Yes, I believe the required amount that you have to use to get form LT. CMDR. to Commander is 16700 points.

All you have to do is use the required amount of skill points to advance to the next level....if you hover over the xp bar it will tell you how many points you need to spend.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
place your cursor over the xp bar and it will tell you what you have to do to get promoted
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryl
Yes, I believe the required amount that you have to use to get form LT. CMDR. to Commander is 16700 points.

All you have to do is use the required amount of skill points to advance to the next level....if you hover over the xp bar it will tell you how many points you need to spend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramhotep View Post
place your cursor over the xp bar and it will tell you what you have to do to get promoted

Just before the server went down, it said something like 0 levels in current rank and 16700 skill point to spend.
I have noticed at times, even if I have 2000 saved and spend them in one fell swoop, that number (16700) never changes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica
Just before the server went down, it said something like 0 levels in current rank and 16700 skill point to spend.
I have noticed at times, even if I have 2000 saved and spend them in one fell swoop, that number (16700) never changes.
This confused me earlier today, when I hit LtCmdr. It said "spend 6700 more skill points" when it meant spend 6700 total.