Lt. Commander
Ok, so I've been saving and saving energy credits for when I hit Lt. Commander and I have about 35k. All I wanted to do tonight was buy level III and IV items, but trying to find those is amazingly irritating.

Unless I'm missing something...

Starbase one sells some III and IV items but most require exploration credits. K7 has a few things but seems like a random assortment of various different levels and/or exploration credits depending on which vendors you visit. DS9 has some personal shield and consoles, but I couldn't find ship weapons.

I visited at least 2 dozen different vendors at three different stations not finding the basic upgrades like ship phasers IV and photons IV, except those vendors that require exploration credits.

The exchange was no help either unless I wanted to overpay by thousands.

Why is this so hard? Do shipyards really need 8 different vendors selling 8 different types of things for different ranks? Why am I hunting for the basics?

Please tell me that I'm just overlooking something, or else I need to make a list of which vendors sell what at which locations.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:53 PM
The reason you're having trouble is because you CAN'T buy Mk IV or any other even Mks after Mk II for energy credits. They're only available as drops, quest rewards, or for exploration/pvp medal turn-ins. Only the odd (III, V, VII...) equipment is available from vendors.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeyan
The reason you're having trouble is because you CAN'T buy Mk IV or any other even Mks after Mk II for energy credits. They're only available as drops, quest rewards, or for exploration/pvp medal turn-ins. Only the odd (III, V, VII...) equipment is available from vendors.
Wow. Where are the ship III phasers and photons? I couldn't even find those. This is confusing. I must have not read a text box or something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeyan
You CAN buy MkIII, MkV, MkVII and MkIX items for energy. Many hand held weapons can be purchase at every Mk. Ground Non-Weapon items can be purchased on the odd Mk.

I see as the even numbers as being drops and odds being purchased for non-weapons. For weapon non standard types are drop only while standard types can be purchased

The above is just a educated guess on why, but you can buy higher level items, but common only.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Off the top of my head:

Earth Spacedock has Mk1 and Mk2 ship equipment for energy credits, and higher tier equipment for exploration badges.

Starbase 39 should have Mk3 ship equipment.

Deep Space 9 has Mk5 equipment. I think it also has Mk6 for badges or medals but can't remember.

Deep Space K7 has all the pvp medal vendors.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Save your credits. Farm a few exploration missions, use the badges for gear. I haven't spent any credits on anything.... well, other than that $^@%# "bring me wrappers" mish.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 08:11 PM
OP - please visit SB39 in Sierra System of Alpha Centauri just above Sirius / Sol, to purchase Mk III gear from the vendor in the armory. /thread
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
OP - please visit SB39 in Sierra System of Alpha Centauri just above Sirius / Sol, to purchase Mk III gear from the vendor in the armory. /thread
Thank you!