Lt. Commander
I know you can train you BO's and give them new skills but...can you do the same for your main character?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Not stupid at all

Ground: Your main character's skills are dictated by their kit loadout. In that sense, you don't internalize your skills the way your BOs do. On the flip side, you can carry multiple kits and switch mid-mission to suit your situation accordingly. Oh yeah, and you do gain some skills based on your class.

Space: Your skills are dictated by your class and aren't change-able. Check http://sto-intel.org/wiki/Player_Leveled_Abilities for more info.
Lt. Commander
# 3
You have to in order to rank up. It's on the same page as BO's.

Hit K. Select the Status tab. It will ask you to select an officer from the list on the left. Your CO is at the top and trains just like any of the other BO's which are listed below your ship name (which is below your CO name).

Be careful though cause your CO has a much longer list of skills. Make note of the slider on the right and make sure you review them all before you commit.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggum11 View Post
I know you can train you BO's and give them new skills but...can you do the same for your main character?
That doesn't sound stupid at all, but no you cannot train your toon as you can your BOs. You give your toon skills by equipping various kits you find/buy/receive/whatever and that is how your character gets his skills. You modify how well they work by putting your points into the various skills your char has that encompasses them.

Also, your toon learns several skills on his/her own depending on class as you level up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggum11 View Post
You acquire new skills as you level, determined by the career path you chose when you created the character. You can also pick up various powers by changing out your personal kit.

Other than that, the main way you train up your character is through spending the skill points. Some things will unlock new powers that you may be able to train your BO's with as you progress.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Great thanx much, thought I was maybe missing something.