Lt. Commander
# 41
02-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Thankfully Cryptic announced that rush order on servers. At least Cryptic is responding quickly which we have to give them credit for. Sure we can throw out the cliche that "they were poorly prepared for launch" or something along those lines, but is it really that big a deal considering Cryptic is responding very quickly to the problem. The care and support for the game counts for a lot imo
Lt. Commander
# 42 just baught the game
02-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Just baught the game so far im not impressed. I'll give it some time though just cant seem to play.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos23 View Post
Thankfully Cryptic announced that rush order on servers. At least Cryptic is responding quickly which we have to give them credit for. Sure we can throw out the cliche that "they were poorly prepared for launch" or something along those lines, but is it really that big a deal considering Cryptic is responding very quickly to the problem. The care and support for the game counts for a lot imo

The Rush order was announced 1 month ago..... "Rush" Did they get shipped from china?
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-05-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virrixia View Post
Instance-based server...heh. I'm not saying eve is better (but it is), they need to talk to those guys about proper servers and such. There...it's all one big world, where 800 man fleets are possible...all in the same world. I really have high hopes for STO tho, and aside from the server stability issues...it's a good game. I really hope it doesn't fizzle out =\
Ya the EVE system is great.

It's the patches that delete your boot.ini file that really suck.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-05-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm doing my best to stay positive. What's really frustrating is never knowing how long downtime is going to take. I don't know whether I should stick it out here on the forums or go do something else for a few hours.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddah7118
If every player thought the same way the "OMG its down, Im quitting QQ" types do, no MMO would EVER get off the ground cause they all start out like this.
Have you seen how many MMO's have failed lately? People *****.. and *****.. and then quit. It really does happen. How many PLEASE COME PLAY FREE ads have you seen from games you have tried?
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal-p
Have you seen how many MMO's have failed lately? People *****.. and *****.. and then quit. It really does happen. How many PLEASE COME PLAY FREE ads have you seen from games you have tried?
QFT

I'm going to stick with it though. I want this game to be a success. WoW is my other favorite game, and comparing release WoW to the WoW of today, it's amazing how much *good* content has been added (and especially stability). I want to give STO that same chance.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by les-furnar View Post
waste of money to play, servers slow and the crashs are a pain. then you cant log in due to the over loads, thats lag in it self that is killing the game, may have to go else where and cut my loss to have a little fun in my spare time, what little we all have.maybe the sto team might see a loss in the income if they cant get there act togather, 4 hr down times are a little far fetch issue. most go down 1 hr a day at set times not this it just shuts you out i got kicked 18x jusat today, in 3hrs, hmmmm is there an issue?
your need a girlfriend