Lt. Commander
# 31
02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
I like the stuns/holds but wish that when held if hit you would break out of it not stay held for death to come while they beat on you.

And I have tried all shields and everytime I come into a fight first thing I hear is shield is down after first hit. Is this some skill or what? I use plasma and it only takes a little over half the targets shield in a hit.

I use Mk IV shields.

But stuns hold are great just maybe fix the hold beat to death. I use stealth and melee to stun and vap my targets its fun.

And its all fun got to love the fire fights in the hallways. Stay as a team is only way to really win.

now if they would fix my action bar on ground so I dont have to load it each fight it would be great. So many fights I have started with just one attack on my abr and next to an Klig.

Rifle butt smash shield knocks back target rifle butt vap target.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rienen View Post
So the pro-stunlock people's answer is "Dont put yourself in a situation to be stunned"? You do realize that you're essentially saying "Then don't play ground pvp".

Is stunlocking annoying? Yes. Should there be PROPERLY WORKING diminishing returns in place to prevent constant stun-spam? Yes. Until then, we have to either deal with it, or do what the pro-stunlock people say and "don't put ourselves in [ground pvp]". Considering it's one of 4 things I can do (1 of 3 if you count only working quest types), I'll have to deal with it.
I don't know what I'm missing here.... All I do is ground PvP, other than the occasional space battle, because ground is much more fun. However, I very rarely, if ever, have a problem with stun-spamming, because I "don't put myself in the situation." Am I just constantly playing with feds that don't know how to stun? Really?

I love QQers..
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-05-2010, 09:03 PM
what situation? where the opposing player has the ability to shoot at you?
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet
what situation? where the opposing player has the ability to shoot at you?
A situation when you aren't preemptively taking control - A situation when you plow into a crowd of enemies and are instantly stunlocked and murdered (Like I see MANY MANY players doing) - A situation where you aren't quick with your shield regen hotkey during split-seconds between stuns - A situation where you don't use YOUR OWN stuns against someone who would use theirs.

I could go on and on...

Anyone who is having problems needs to firstly implement themselves a good PvP hotkey system (A.K.A. not 1234567890) It's no wonder you're having problems with stunlocking if you can't access your skills during split second moments.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-05-2010, 09:12 PM
and as for the people complaining, yeah i think stuns are stupid, but im also aware of the fact that even klingons can buy phasers from vendors so.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-05-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by osashes View Post
I don't know what I'm missing here.... All I do is ground PvP, other than the occasional space battle, because ground is much more fun. However, I very rarely, if ever, have a problem with stun-spamming, because I "don't put myself in the situation." Am I just constantly playing with feds that don't know how to stun? Really?

I love QQers..
And I love elitist jackasses who want to appear better than everyone by saying that if someone has a harder time than them or care about unfair game mechanic, then they are a troll or QQing.

And as a Commander who does 90% of his leveling ground pvp'ing I play with Feds who constantly DO stun. Congratulations to you for not having to deal with it yet. But just because you dont see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
And I love elitist jackasses who want to appear better than everyone by saying that if someone has a harder time than them or care about unfair game mechanic, then they are a troll or QQing.

And as a Commander who does 90% of his leveling ground pvp'ing I play with Feds who constantly DO stun. Congratulations to you for not having to deal with it yet. But just because you dont see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I love the true elitist jackasses who come in and start calling others elitists. By the way, I never said it didn't exist, I simply said it can be countered.

Adding something like diminishing returns to stuns would be fine. I could see how that would help the situation. However, removing stuns from the game would ruin ground pvp. Period.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
I love the true elitist jackasses who come in and start calling others elitists. By the way, I never said it didn't exist, I simply said it can be countered.

Adding something like diminishing returns to stuns would be fine. I could see how that would help the situation. However, removing stuns from the game would ruin ground pvp. Period.
Ok, well first I apologize for the term elitist. It sounds like we want the samething "Properly working diminishing returns on stuns". I never said I want them gone, I was just merely pointing out that you really can't avoid them when 1 single person (science) can hold you for an extended period of time and not have that hold break on damage.

And to speak to you earlier post about keybinds, doing pvp in other games pretty much taught me 1-9 is the ****test layout for "quick access to skills" there every was. I've had plenty of time to refit my keybinds and trust me, as soon as they start holding me, my Tact Eng is spamming any shield boosting skill not on CD.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
IDEA: If you're in an arena and it's 1 v 5 and you're not having any fun, RE-QUEUE.....
Trust me, 5 on 1 I am having some of the best fun I have all the time.. when its 5 on 5 I am most fighting and healing..

There are times 1 on 1 I am moving about being chased some times they split up and I end up in a 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 fight.. which i can handle well enough.. then when the party shows up I make a run for it..

Trust me I am having a blast..
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Ok, well first I apologize for the term elitist. It sounds like we want the samething "Properly working diminishing returns on stuns". I never said I want them gone, I was just merely pointing out that you really can't avoid them when 1 single person (science) can hold you for an extended period of time and not have that hold break on damage.

And to speak to you earlier post about keybinds, doing pvp in other games pretty much taught me 1-9 is the ****test layout for "quick access to skills" there every was. I've had plenty of time to refit my keybinds and trust me, as soon as they start holding me, my Tact Eng is spamming any shield boosting skill not on CD.
I completely agree. Yeah I've got a pretty good hotkey system as of yet, but it can still use some work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittany
Trust me, 5 on 1 I am having some of the best fun I have all the time.. when its 5 on 5 I am most fighting and healing..

There are times 1 on 1 I am moving about being chased some times they split up and I end up in a 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 fight.. which i can handle well enough.. then when the party shows up I make a run for it..

Trust me I am having a blast..
That's awesome, I am as well. I get so sick of people saying that ground is no fun. It really is a blast.