Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Was the Borg Bridge officer available for Gamestop pre-orders? If so, I wasn't able to get, it wasnt in the c-store.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeduh View Post
Was the Borg Bridge officer available for Gamestop pre-orders? If so, I wasn't able to get, it wasnt in the c-store.
No it wasn't, Amazon.com only.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Can you use BBO on a headstart character because it is not allowing me to do so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-05-2010, 11:09 PM
thank you for addressing this issue cryptic - i really appreciate hearing the update!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle104
Can you use BBO on a headstart character because it is not allowing me to do so.
The only Preorder 'perk' that was available during headstart was the playable Borg commander (because it was tied to the Lifetime subscription) All the other Preorder 'perks' were tied to the RETAIL keys...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
Hey guys! We wanted to all let you know that we've made a great discovery in researching the missing traits on the Borg Bridge Officers.

They actually are not even missing their skills. There is a bug involved here, but fortunately the bug is that those skills are not displaying on the character. The skills should be there, and should even be getting used by the bridge officer in fact.

We made a mention of this earlier in another thread, but we want to make absolutely sure to get the message out to everyone.

Thanks guys for your patience!
Jackalope clearly stated in the Pre-Order Q&A the following:
"More than a skin. The Boff will also possess special innate traits. Heck, let me give you the names: Borg Nanites, Neural Blast and Efficiency."


While I have yet to see my Borg Bridge officer use the Neural Blast, some people have stated they have. So I'll throw you a rope on that one and give it to you. The Borg Nanites is suppose to be a health regen correct? I suppose it's kinda of hard to tell how effective that skill is working, so I'll throw you another rope on that one and go with the fact that it's working. My problem however is with the Efficiency. When your Borg Bridge Officer is assigned no ship stats change. When it's suppose to provide the following:
+5 Starship Shield Efficiency
+5 Starship Engine Efficiency
+5 Starship Energy Weapon Efficiency
+5 Starship Auxiliary Systems Efficiency

I created a new character to even test this theory, I examined my ship stats, then compared them too after I had my Borg Bridge Officer join the crew and guess what... no change! But now that I think about it... I didn't even get my boosted stats for being a Liberated Borg, which I made the new character. And I'm fairly certain my existing character did? I'd log in to confirm this but the server seems to be down yet again. Am I just completely misunderstanding what Efficiency is suppose to do? Is it not suppose to boost the power levels 5 above the max on each of the above? If that's what it's suppose to do, you guys need to look into this further because clearly it's not working still.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle104
Can you use BBO on a headstart character because it is not allowing me to do so.
Yes, I have a Borg Bridge Officer on my head start character.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraden
Yes, I have a Borg Bridge Officer on my head start character.
So then I guess it's just another bug that I can't get it on mine. I am told this transaction can not be completed at this time wherever I am at, even the spacedock. I did unlock it on the character I made after headstart with no problems. Also will not let me unlock my Del Taco Shuttlecraft on that char.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxe
Hey guys! We wanted to all let you know that we've made a great discovery in researching the missing traits on the Borg Bridge Officers.

They actually are not even missing their skills. There is a bug involved here, but fortunately the bug is that those skills are not displaying on the character. The skills should be there, and should even be getting used by the bridge officer in fact.

We made a mention of this earlier in another thread, but we want to make absolutely sure to get the message out to everyone.

Thanks guys for your patience!
I read this over and over and this is just horrible phrasing. Could you be a little more clear? The fact that the skills 'are not displaying' and 'should be there' and 'should even be getting used' all factually mean they aren't displaying, aren't there, and aren't being used.

Regardless of what you mean to say.. how about fixing it? Because it looks like my borg does the skills showing. I'm starting to think those skill names are just reskinned other skills. IE: nanite == shield regen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30 My Borg BO is incomplete
02-05-2010, 11:36 PM
I don't think the issue is simple as a non display bug.

You say that the skills are there. I'm not sure that true.

The passive space skills don't show on my ship when the Borg BO is assigned. And no change when she's removed.

Also I have seen no evidence AT ALL that the ground abilities are secretly active. I have had the rest of my BOs set to passive and sent in the Borg BO without weapons or armor and all the did was punch and punch and punch.

Now im not saying that the traits are gonna make or break my BO but without them working properly she's almost a liability.

First, list all the abilities in an offical post what the abilities are so we don't have to rely on speculation.

Second, fix the bug that is preventing the general/racial traits from working.

I know where less than a week from launch so I'm willing to cut you guys alot of slack.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:56 PM.