Lt. Commander
# 11 To be or not to be
02-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Actually, the cpt should indicate the tactical officer on the bridge to go on red alert. This means for cryptic to add voice overs but I guess this is too late as the budget already been spent.

Other than that I love the game but game as I metnioned in another post. Star trek is not all about phew-phewww, kadaboom. For that matter, I would enjoy more puzzling challenges especially on ground, this would force cryptic toadd some more acres and emotional elements to characters and so your BFOs and yourself would feel something.
Although in the meantime to this ideal come true I do enjoy killing enemies and enemy players :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 05:02 PM
I ended up turning all of the voice down, so I can't hear it.

When it first came out in beta, I thought it was a nice immersive addition.

Now it's annoying.

I know when I'm fighting. I know when the target's shields are down (I pay attention to my targets). I know when my own shields are failing (I pay attention to my ship and crew).

I don't need the computer telling me my seatbelt's unbuckled either. I know it is!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 05:04 PM
It's completely lame that if you use Brace for Impact on a Klingon vessel it makes the alert sound from a Starfleet vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 14 /signed
02-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawLessOne View Post
Should say 'Red Alert!'. That is actually what is happening, you went to red alert when you open fire or when your fired upon.
Absolutely.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
It's completely lame that if you use Brace for Impact on a Klingon vessel it makes the alert sound from a Starfleet vessel.
Does it use Klingon voiceovers, or are you stuck hearing Majel on a battle cruiser? (I've rolled up my Klingon, but haven't yet shipped out with him.)
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapuys View Post
Is this not included for newbies (to ST and STO) though who might get confused with "Red Alert"? "Your under attack" tells you directly what's happening. I'd prefer Red Alert though.
Uh, I think most people could figure it out.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 08:33 PM
What a great idea. Also it would be nice if the Klingon ships didnt have a Fed computer announcement on board.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrana
What a great idea. Also it would be nice if the Klingon ships didnt have a Fed computer announcement on board.
Still hoping to get the Klingon voice work from Starfleet battles. "They are a burning wreck!" - sounded in a tough guy Klingon voice.