Lt. Commander
After skimming through all the posts that deal with downtime, some well written, most not; there is a decisive commonality. What that is, I'll leave open to general speculation.

My thought is that the servers go down periodically to feed the trolls. Without this downtime, they would not have anything to snark on as people vent their anger in the forum. For every ragequit post there's someone saying "m'kay cya." For every post demanding compensation, someone thinks up the math that shows how little a few hours actually costs. To the posts that people express dismay that it is 2010 and Cryptic should know better garners the standard "it's an MMO, deal with it."

So praise the downtime because trolls need to eat. Read some of the posts when the server is up and notice the lessening of troll posts...

(Yes I know this is probably going to attract many trolls... but hey, I'm just doing my part. Just watch your hands, trolls are sloppy and voracious eaters.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately the so called troll threads , are becoming more and more well disciplined threads from players who have been utterly disappointed in various ways from STO, and paid good money for.

Up to a week or so ago , youd see disstatisfied threads appearing now and again, and usually from 'rabid pitbulls'.

The past week more and more players who have bought it and are dissatisfied for plenty of good reasons are posting threads quite frequently.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
First reply on the forums, and i will totally agree with you.

Forced downtimes suck, but they happen, and trolls do need to eat, so while there<s downtime, takethe time to go to the bathroom, play another game while waiting, maybe clean up the mess accumulated from the first week on intense gaming.

Life<s a *****, and then you marry one!, and downtimes are there so you can spend time with your loved ones and all....... :p

Have a good night ppl, and will see you on the servers maybe later on then...

Hermen
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 09:13 PM
Downtime = forum bonding time
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Stop Lying
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP-Gallows
Stop Lying
YAY! Our first troll... eat up little troll so you can grow big and strong.