Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Paynicus
Yes, spamming the bug reports and forums weren't enough -- let's start flooding their emails. That'll surely get things remedied quicker.

Bloody 'ell...
At least we have forum mods now so some of these people will get banned.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamek View Post
This is the address that cryptic publishes on certain pages on their web server. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to email them and ask them to either a) hire some halfway competent professionals, b) become aware of the fact that their product just wigged the hell out again, or c), ask them if they can forward our requests for an active reliable product on to management.

Again, the email address cryptic publishes for server difficulties is noc@crypticstudios.com. - I'm sure you'll see it when the forums web server starts crapping all over itself in about five minutes.

Do post here if you contact them, especially if you get a response!
This must be one of the dumbest ideas I have heard so far, those along with "LETS SUE"
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 09:48 PM
mail bomb incomming
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCorvus
At least we have forum mods now so some of these people will get banned.

you honestly think they mod these forums? this thread will be on page 3 before i hit submit. if they have the manpower to mod the thousands of posts per day, they need to redirect that towards managing the game

its like ur front shields going down but you cant adjust front shields because you're too busy steering with mouse while clicking unbound abilities, pressing 1 2 3 4 5, and trying to press ctrl 9 with your left hand
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
you honestly think they mod these forums?
Yes, I have seen them. I think they are only US time zone currently though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
this thread will be on page 3 before i hit submit.
It has been on page 1 for over an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 10:13 PM
So those of you who work in noc shops (and I work in one too....)...you should get me that it's all about uptime, uptime, uptime, SLA, SLA, SLA, and are you getting your product to your customers.

If you are having problems doing that then you do whatever you have to do to make it happen. I would have a lot more respect for these clowns if they had a test server (which they said they intend to add later), or if they did their junk every morning or even every six hours or whatever.

These jokers either cannot or will not do these things.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khabok
You know what... I work in a noc.

It stands for Network Operations Center. And let me tell you... they f'ing KNOW the server is down. I guarantee that there's alarms going off all over the place.

Don't bombard them with a bunch of stupid e-mails. That is NOT what they need right now.

Jeeez...some people are just idiots.
You're right!!!!! Giving them our money for a broken problem will help!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotson
You're right!!!!! Giving them our money for a broken problem will help!
lol...if you' already got paid, it ain't broke, and it don't need a fix
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Quote:
This is the address that cryptic publishes on certain pages on their web server. I'm wondering if it would be helpful to email them and ask them to either a) hire some halfway competent professionals, b) become aware of the fact that their product just wigged the hell out again, or c), ask them if they can forward our requests for an active reliable product on to management.

Again, the email address cryptic publishes for server difficulties is noc@crypticstudios.com. - I'm sure you'll see it when the forums web server starts crapping all over itself in about five minutes.

Do post here if you contact them, especially if you get a response!
The answer is -D- all of the above.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Quote:
^ I'll play a violin for them. And their managers. And the engineers and whatnot.

Wish Cryptic would hire some outsource guys or some of those laid off folks on unemployment who know what the hell they're doing with the pile of cash they've made in the last few days, though.
Yeah because it is easy to bring in new people and get them fixing problems in a few days when your software/hardware has been in development for 2 years...

Whatever you want to think those guys have probably been working 18 hour days for weeks, and will probably continue to do so for some time.... all so you can make pretty pixels on a screen. They have responded to outages at all hours of the day, run patches at 3:00am, been pushing bug fixes that I know take many hours of recoding and probably a lot more than you or I could know.

Hopefully they have made a lot of money from preorders and launch sales that will allow them to increase development and hardware, but you are talking months to implement, not hours.