Lt. Commander
Heard someone mention you can multi target. but then the servers went down.. someone enlighten me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Beams fire several times per cycle. So I think they fire one at one target then swith to difrent target and fire again while the first beam continues to do its work.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:24 PM
there are certain abilities that target more then one enemy, yes.

HOWEVER

you cannot have your forward weapons fire at enemy [A] while your aft weapons fire at enemy [b].

I think that this is a MAJOR oversight that needs to be addressed QUICKLY.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen.Montgomery View Post
there are certain abilities that target more then one enemy, yes.

HOWEVER

you cannot have your forward weapons fire at enemy [A] while your aft weapons fire at enemy [b].

I think that this is a MAJOR oversight that needs to be addressed QUICKLY.
Actually you can, even been confirmed by the devs in CB. However, you have to be pretty nimble on the keyboard to do it. Basically you have to fast target, fire the fore beams, cycle target, fire the aft beams, cycle back to your first target (you can swap back & forth if you have the keys mapped correctly), & so on.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargus View Post
Actually you can, even been confirmed by the devs in CB. However, you have to be pretty nimble on the keyboard to do it. Basically you have to fast target, fire the fore beams, cycle target, fire the aft beams, cycle back to your first target (you can swap back & forth if you have the keys mapped correctly), & so on.
I was expecting it more to be you have one target and can choose a secondary target (like plasma torps) well it seems this can be done ill try that today.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargus View Post
Honestly that still sounds like single targetting still to me, since your forward weapons won't fire at same time as you aim your rear weapons and you still ahve to individually target each ship and not leave your weapons to fire off on targets on their own.

I think that if one weapon is unable to fire on your current target, that it should be able to fire on any other targets in range or something similar, or even be able to easily assign targets for all your weapons and ahve each firing at different targets.
Lt. Commander
# 7 FIre At Will
02-06-2010, 09:38 AM
There is the Fire At Will ability but it's not so good and could use some help in the damage dept. IT is good for dispersing mines and fighter though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 10:44 AM
With the 4 sec. CD, it is possible to do but it's not ideal. I don't this game really needs it unless they add side arc weapons only (i.e. 90-degrees to the port or starboard).
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 11:41 AM
multi tageting was something that I have wondered about as well, When im facing a ship and firing forward phasers and torps, why is it that my rear phasers and torp launcher cant be pounding on some klink ship aft?

maybe it about balance, but against the AI enemy it should be allowed.

i have at times swtiched tagets to pop a torp off aft at a bird of prey or a fighter thats weak, to try and cut down on the amount of fire hitting me when im in a furball.

RedShirt
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 12:50 PM
I only use torpedoes...so there is PLENTY of time for me to select a different fore and aft target - particularly when the BOPs are circling me. Two torps front, two back...I can keep firing until they're gone. This doesn't work with Romulans, however.