Of course there's going to be hiccups.

Be patient, people!
Lt. Commander
# 412
02-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothar_LocNar
Why would this continue to occur?
Hasn't the human race come far enough technologically enough to facilitate understanding of this type of malfunction to inhibit such occurrences?
We paid Cryptic, Cryptic is now paying us back.
Someone somewhere is NOT making enough money to get the job done correctly in the first place!! They shouldn't care whether it comes back up or not.

Cryptic needs to pay more attention to it's employees and pay them what they are worth so these things don't happen.
You'd think so, but the more technologically advanced we become the more things seem to go wrong .
Lt. Commander
# 413
02-05-2010, 10:33 PM
I work in tech support for a major Internet based technology company. Thing's like this happen. Ok so maybe they could have beta tested a bit more.

For those of you wanting specifics. General rule of thumb that doesn't happen to often. When we have issues we just say it's something our team is working on. That's general TS'ing.

As for the game I think in the next 2 weeks will really be what makes or breaks the game for the gaming world. We're on day 3 of this game being out a lot of down time to FIX unexpected issues is to be expected.

(shrug)

Technology is code for. It doesn't work right.
Lt. Commander
# 414
02-05-2010, 10:34 PM
I heard cryptic is going to be getting into the heart pacemaker business.

Who wants a pacemaker made by cryptic, come on speak up dont be shy.

Just ask bill here he has one.

Hey bill tell them how good your pacemaker is working.

Bill, why is your skin all blue? Oh I know your pacemaker crashed, looks like you have some unscheduled downtime. Just dont stay down to long or you wont be getting back up.
Lt. Commander
# 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender125
So im paying for time... thats fine, but im trying to get my friends off of wow.
i gave then my trial cards.... so they could stare at a crashed server.

i hope some one will extend there time a few days to make up for this crud....

LOL that should teach you: NEVER give trials to friends during the first 1-2 weeks.

Wow was almost unplayable after the first 2 weeks of launch LOL
Lt. Commander
# 416
This is pretty frustrating! Hope something is being done ASAP. Bought the game for good money, and am paying for monthly service. How about holding up your end of the bargain and letting me nerd out on Trek. Fix this. Fast. Do it and stop thanking us for our patience while the STO team sorts out all the bugs. We have no choice but to be patient. Stop making us exercise our patience or give us our money back.
Lt. Commander
# 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBear
Wow that post made a whole lot of sense. not.

They don't just "take down" the servers on us.

They either:

1) CRASH
2) Or two get VERY unstabled and *sometimes* they can get a 5-10 min warning in game that they have to come down to fix them

Until then - you deal. Feel free to rant and rave on the forums, but it will not change anything. They are working as fast as they can. Does it suck? yes. And you will be able to use your LT sub (I have one also). It takes most MAJOR MMOs 1-2 (sometimes 3 weeks) to get stable after launch.

So feel free to rant, feel free to cancel your account. There will be plenty of people till playing to keep this game going on for years.
And apparently the IT people in every MMO fell asleep during the school lessons on redundancy.

Anyone that builds an IT network should know that you build it to handle 120% of what you expect your max number of users to be. It isn't like cryptic didn't know how many copies of the software were sent to retailers. They should have planned on their systems needing to be able to handle 20% more than that and they should have tested it to that limit at bare minimum.

They should have also had redundant servers, routers and hard drives so that any hardware failure wouldn't result in any downtime.

The reason they don't, because they don't loose money per minute of downtime like most other businesses do. Last server farm i worked on, our clients would loose well over $100,000 per hour of downtime. Repeated failures multiple days in a row would have been grounds to have the contract canceled and the company sued.
Lt. Commander
# 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
First month is free, can't get any more of a discount than that.
Free? Hehe... so when you buy a car, you get the motor for FREE because it is included already when you buy it? That's some kick azz logic!

Gosh you guys are priceless. This is the best entertainment one can get with the servers offline.
Lt. Commander
# 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coftron View Post
A discount on the first month of service would be nice, or maybe and extra character slot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SytheDark View Post
Ever since I got my game I haven't been able to play more than a total hour. I paid for a year and I want to be able to use that payment. STOP TAKING DOWN THE SERVER AND JUST BUY SOME MORE LIKE A MATURE GAMING COMPANY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender125
So im paying for time... thats fine, but im trying to get my friends off of wow.
i gave then my trial cards.... so they could stare at a crashed server.

i hope some one will extend there time a few days to make up for this crud....

You guys all know, that you are not actually paying for this time you are playing, outside of the price to purchase the game?

We are all on the 30 days of free play time...no one is getting charged to actually play until March 3rd...
Lt. Commander
# 420
Ok, the servers are back up!

I am going to lock this thread now that is isn't needed.
Closed Thread