Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 10:22 PM
They're laying the ground work for a serious game failure in the last few days.

I was really hoping STO wouldn't become an industry wide cautionary tale.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Come on Cryptic Take an 101 class how to run severs this geting old undergoing maintenance every morning and the server go down 3 times a day lol come on Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 10:24 PM
THIS Is just getting ridiculous. for the love of god, we pay for this bull****?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 10:26 PM
if the server failed this much where I worked at people would be getting fired for there incompontence come this is getting old Ive played good money to play here and I want to PLAY STO not some other game
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Its getting more difficult for the Crusader Trolls that defend the game and Cryptic no matter what to justify having patience at this rate. I am loving the game and I do believe Cryptic is working hard to fix issues, but two unscheduled downtimes within about an hour apart and scheduled downtime later tonight just frustrates me a bit. Cryptic DID make that rush order on new servers so hopefully we will be past these headaches soon.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 10:28 PM
My favorite part of my 9:00pm hour tonight:

@ 9:06

Click connect.

Connecting to Server...

4 seconds later

Disconnected from Server.

@ 9:37

Successfully logged in and playing.

@10:00 Disconnected from server.

and then this:

Server Status: Undergoing Maintenance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYc05gZFly0

That is how I feel.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassing;1956231

[url
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYc05gZFly0[/url]

That is how I feel.
Ha ha ha! thanks for that link. Made me laugh.

I think I'll go walk the dog and watch the sunrise.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2010, 10:35 PM
My question would be if we pay for sub time and the server is always going down, do we get reimbursed for the time the server is down? I mean its like this say you go to mcdonalds and order a value meal, you expect to get a sandwich,fries and a drink well lets say you pay and they say well sorry sir but our drink machine is broke and were out of fries but heres your sandwich have a nice day. You would go right inside and talk to the manager for a refund. Same thing here we pay for service and goods yet we are not getting everything we pay for. I need to read over all of the legal stuff they have to see exactly what it says pertaining to this. And when march comes I will evaluate how often the server is up then and then I will decide on putting up money for a sub. This is why I didnt pay the lifetime due to this reason. I saw in headstart and open beta the server always crashing over and over and I knew for a fact that nothing would change in the full release. So lets hope by march they get their stuff together and fix their networking problems otherwise they will lose out on alot of money towards those supposely servers they got.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos23 View Post
Its getting more difficult for the Crusader Trolls that defend the game and Cryptic no matter what to justify having patience at this rate. I am loving the game and I do believe Cryptic is working hard to fix issues, but two unscheduled downtimes within about an hour apart and scheduled downtime later tonight just frustrates me a bit. Cryptic DID make that rush order on new servers so hopefully we will be past these headaches soon.
They'll start screeching at you like banshees. Nothing like spending hundreds of dollars on a lifetime sub of a game that's going to be populationless in 6 months.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos23 View Post
Its getting more difficult for the Crusader Trolls that defend the game and Cryptic no matter what...
I like to call them the CFDL: Cryptic Fanboy Defense League.