Lt. Commander
# 1 Front Page Wal-Mart Offer
02-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Hello, i was just wondering about the Wal-Mart offer on the front page. It says that it gets you 500 skill points and boosted captain stats. It doesn't say anything about this on the wal-mart page it takes you too, so i was just wondering what exactly are these stat bonuses and can they be applied to the account if you already have the game?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wotmaniac22 View Post
Hello, i was just wondering about the Wal-Mart offer on the front page. It says that it gets you 500 skill points and boosted captain stats. It doesn't say anything about this on the wal-mart page it takes you too, so i was just wondering what exactly are these stat bonuses and can they be applied to the account if you already have the game?

/shrugs

I been wondering the exact same thing. So far I've yet to see a peep out of anybody about this tho on the few other threads I've seen about this same thing.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 09:01 PM
It's a measly 500 points. Any of the other preorders are a better deal/
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Retail sites usually remove the pre order offers after the game ships. This is the applicable portion of what was on the Walmart.com page when you pre ordered the regular edition of STO...

With the purchase of this Walmart Exclusive, you will receive 500 bonus skill points that will enable players to improve their characters more quickly and achieve higher proficiency levels. 500 skill points are enough to purchase 5 ranks in any Lieutenant skill. Skill Points determine a character’s abilities – damage, health, combat effectiveness, and much more, depending on how each character is created. This exclusive is especially valuable as it is the ONLY way for a player to receive bonus in game advantages.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotTheCat
Retail sites usually remove the pre order offers after the game ships. This is the applicable portion of what was on the Walmart.com page when you pre ordered the regular edition of STO...

With the purchase of this Walmart Exclusive, you will receive 500 bonus skill points that will enable players to improve their characters more quickly and achieve higher proficiency levels. 500 skill points are enough to purchase 5 ranks in any Lieutenant skill. Skill Points determine a character’s abilities – damage, health, combat effectiveness, and much more, depending on how each character is created. This exclusive is especially valuable as it is the ONLY way for a player to receive bonus in game advantages.
ah, i see. The mentioned boosted captain stats are really just the 500 points it comes with.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 10:40 PM
The TRUE MAIN reason why you should never, EVER shop at Wal-Mart and I can say this after working for them for FIVE years of pushing their carts without a chance to get moved up into a new spot .....

They boast about always low prices for people but what they are not telling you is that they pay their people ALOT less than anywhere else, less that $7.50-$8.50 an hour. And thanks to these low wages, the people that work for them can't really afford to shop elsewhere but at Wal-Mart which in turns hurts the economy of the area that the employees live in, there was proof of this shown on CNN once.