Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 10:38 PM
I don't doubt you, I just remember walking into that starter bridge, and my first reaction was 'holy ****, is it going to always be this big?'
Lt. Commander
# 12 3rd person
02-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Large interior environments are a common side effect of 3rd person perspective. Designers tend to exaggerate interior spaces to give the camera room to move. Also, given the social nature of the bridge and the fact that players cannot clip through each other it gives people room to move around if several guest are on board.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzyx View Post
Now there's some pointless QQ. You made my bridge too big?!?! GTFO
GTFO yourself. This is hardly a unique complaint, many of us find it laughable for such an iconic location to be portrayed so poorly.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2010, 11:28 PM
I doubt poorly is the word to use. It seems more of a consideration in regard to your friends/guests meeting with you on the bridge. The first think I noticed when beaming into my bridge was the invite message box. I figured it's like a lot of MMOs, where everything is made 10x as large as to accommodate many people at once.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2010, 12:22 AM
There was a news post just prior to closed beta when they announced that bridges would be included for release. They stated that they had to make maps larger to allow for, as others have posted, camera movement and to allow several players be able to access them and be able to move about.

On a side note, I am looking forward to getting my higher tier ships and check out the bridges the OP and several others have mentioned.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent036 View Post
Large interior environments are a common side effect of 3rd person perspective. Designers tend to exaggerate interior spaces to give the camera room to move. Also, given the social nature of the bridge and the fact that players cannot clip through each other it gives people room to move around if several guest are on board.
Correct. All interior spaces were in fact enlarged during beta to deal with camera clipping issues.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2010, 12:34 AM
I stillhaven't figured out how to access my bridge. LOL

100+ Klingon ships destroyed but I can't find my bridge!
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2010, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calist
I stillhaven't figured out how to access my bridge. LOL

100+ Klingon ships destroyed but I can't find my bridge!
Small arrow next to your mini map

The defiant bridge seemed fairly accurate to me, and the science was a bit to big but not horribly off it seems. The cruisers on the other hand......When you get a ship the size of a connie refit you get a galaxy class bridge with it.

As for the runabout, when I checked last day of open beta it did not have a bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-06-2010, 04:09 AM
My biggest problem with the brigdes is that the MSD is incorrect. On my heavy cruiser, it shows an Akira MSD... a friggin AKIRA!