Lt. Commander
# 1 A few starter questions.
02-06-2010, 06:14 AM
A few questions.

How can you see what Zone you are in? I see in chat other people listed in various zones and asking for group invites. How can you tell what zone you are listed in?

Anyway to turn off the multi Zone chat? Gets confusing when people are talking from different zones about spawns.

Brigde Officer Points. Is there a max limit to them? Or can I level up as many Bridge Officers as I want?

Personal Skill points. How many is our max limit of points we can spend? Should we be saving them for higher skills or will there be enough to use?

Any Death penelty at all?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Zone: No idea

Turn off chat: Right click (double click?) the channel name in the title bar of your chat window. It'll bring up chat options. Uncheck "Zone". You could also create a new tab & have it do whatever you want (just fleet chat for instance).

BoPs: No max, but you'd never want to store that many. Their skills determine how well they fight & work with you; you want to spend them =P. You can only have as many as your ship supports for space battles, but I *think* there's a max of 4 active. After that you need to discharge one to get it active (to use on away missions/space battles).

Skill Points: Like BoPs, why save them? They're what improve your stats. I typically distribute them after I have 600-1200 stored (depending on how oblivious I am to their accrual). Just remember: If you'er rank 10 you HAVE to spend them to rank up (and talk to the admiral).

No death penalty.... yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhysling
A few questions.

How can you see what Zone you are in? I see in chat other people listed in various zones and asking for group invites. How can you tell what zone you are listed in?

On that Map I would think.. Though I havent looked before

Anyway to turn off the multi Zone chat? Gets confusing when people are talking from different zones about spawns.

I havent seen a way to turn off 'other' zones but you CAN disable Zone chat entirely if you wanted. Just right click the chat bar and you should get some options.

Brigde Officer Points. Is there a max limit to them? Or can I level up as many Bridge Officers as I want?

You do have a limit on how many BOs you can have active at a time. I believe you get more slots as you rank up.

Personal Skill points. How many is our max limit of points we can spend? Should we be saving them for higher skills or will there be enough to use?

You have to spend your skill points to get the next rank, no point in saving them. There is eventually a cap but you have to get enough to get to that rank before you worry about that. There is NO cap for BO skill points so do what you will with those.

Any Death penelty at all?

Not currently

Thanks!
/10 char limit