Lt. Commander
I've been looking forward to this game since I got my new windows 7 machine with this new video card. My inner trekkie WAS satisfied by ST Legacy but the new machine's video card would cause the computer to "Blue Screen" upon starting up the game. Before I purchase this new game, does anyone know if I will have the same problem again OR blow up my video card like so many other people have posted? Again, the video card I have is a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M. My Dell surpasses all of the other system requirements. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 233eclipse View Post
I've been looking forward to this game since I got my new windows 7 machine with this new video card. My inner trekkie WAS satisfied by ST Legacy but the new machine's video card would cause the computer to "Blue Screen" upon starting up the game. Before I purchase this new game, does anyone know if I will have the same problem again OR blow up my video card like so many other people have posted? Again, the video card I have is a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M. My Dell surpasses all of the other system requirements. Thanks.
http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

That will let you monitor your GPU temps.

As for your 160m it is equivlant to a 9300m graphics card. You will be able to run the game. However I would advise to keep your settings to reccommended or low. Other than that you should have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. So you should be all set if you meet the requirements for the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 07:23 AM
I have a 160M in my laptop, and it's runs. You have to turn most things down and it looks horrible, but it runs.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantG View Post
I have a 160M in my laptop, and it's runs. You have to turn most things down and it looks horrible, but it runs.
Yea the 160m (9300M) is considered low end graphics card. Mainly used for playing back HD video and things like that.