Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Thats session rewards...Im talking about PvP quest rewards. Currently a large portion of the PvP quests only require you be present in a PvP session(or a certain number of them) to complete the quest and gain rank/level EXP for the reward.

This quest reward assumes players will actually contribute, instead of requiring they actually contribute. It assumes people wont exploit the system and will instead ply honestly. The sessions themselves reward you for just being there. PLers can then reward theselves with faster rank ups by suiciding during PvP...essential griefing their own side.

We had a guy do it the other day, he said something along the line of, "come on, lets just rush them and die, we can level faster"...we promptly removed him from the team...but nothing could stop him from throwing the match away. The only people of suffered was us...the people trying to play...his "team" mates.
that must be on the fed side. Except for a few of the starter ones on klingon side to advance our quests you have to win x number of battles or kill x number of federation. The only exception is that at each rank we get a mission to die x times to either Feds or klingons cpts either in ground or space.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Klingons can still gain exp for rank progression by just showing up. Regardless of if player who contribute get more...the ability to suicide or AFK one's way through the ranks promotes bad game play. It promotes a desire for faster PvP sessions and it ptomotes griefing through suiciding into the enemy to get rank points faster.

Th key is insuring there is no points toward progression without contribution.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Klingons can still gain exp for rank progression by just showing up. Regardless of if player who contribute get more...the ability to suicide or AFK one's way through the ranks promotes bad game play. It promotes a desire for faster PvP sessions and it ptomotes griefing through suiciding into the enemy to get rank points faster.

Th key is insuring there is no points toward progression without contribution.
suiciding into the fed ball is not griefing..it does take the fun out of pvp but it is not greifing. I know it ruins it for me i much prefer the fights that are won 15/14 than a **** of of one side or seeign people suicide to rush through things
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-06-2010, 06:39 AM
Personnel I hope this isnt fixed for a while. The people using this will quickly level get bored and move on to what every the latest game of the year is. Then we can stick around and maybe have a decent game. Well if Cryptic does get so greedy they kill it, or more likely dont support it. ( SEE CO )
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baaddare View Post
suiciding into the fed ball is not griefing..it does take the fun out of pvp but it is not greifing. I know it ruins it for me i much prefer the fights that are won 15/14 than a **** of of one side or seeign people suicide to rush through things
When its team oriented content and player disreagrds the team to power rank through at our expense, then its griefing.

If it was PvE/solo play...then it would be fine...he'd only be affecting his game play. but when he enters a team based PvP arena and only ignores the purpose and team around him...its griefing.

Its no different than if we had limited supplies of ships and a guy was sapwning in and just self destructing them. He'd be impairing our ability to play and enjoy the game as it was intended.