Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Lost My Borg Bridge Officer
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi,

First off I would like to say this is a really nice game, I have enjoyed playing it alot and I look forward to more time on it.

Now to the main reason, well basically I had pre ordered a copy of Star Trek online from amazon, the gold copy for my friend who really wanted the borg bridge officer.
I then received a message a few days before release that I could not get the gold edition due to stock shortages.
I then received a code telling me that Amazon and cryptic had teamed up and where offering people who had pre ordered the gold edition a code for a borg bridge officer, i was really happy as I could give my friend the code.
So i sent her the code, and upon receiving it she activated it, it worked, she then went to the c store to claim it, which she did, it then went to her inventory, she then right click and went to equip, the two options that came up where train up and cancel, she then clicked on train up but wasnt sure what to do so, she hit escape so she could read up on the subject.
However now she is missing her borg boff, it wasnt in her inventory or in the assignment panel in the ship menu.

I was wondering has anyone else come across this issue or a similar one, and if there is any fix for it, I know she has made a ticket to the GM but I thought I would also ask the community for abit of help.

Any help or advice you guys can offer would be great, and im looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you
Kensei
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:25 PM
bump, bump
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Hello Kensei,

First of all, Cryptic is aware of all the issues we are having, I directly spoke to them yesterday and today. I was ready to throw my game out the window myself. I skipped the support tool and went out of my way to contact them.

Now returning to the issue at hand, train up essentially removes the Borg Officer from your account, train up allows you to get more space for other officers. You will need to submit a ticket and/ or try to grab someone from cryptic, there are ways of directly contacting the company. Despite what many people think because of no response from the ticket submitter, but they do care and they will listen to any concerns you have.

I encourage you to read about the conversation I had directly with Cryptic Studios here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=104625

and for obtaining and using pre order items click here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=100851

I wish a admin would sticky them both, and prevent a meltdown of posts regarding the same issues. The search tool is your best friend here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmfgCoke
Hello Kensei,

First of all, Cryptic is aware of all the issues we are having, I directly spoke to them yesterday and today. I was ready to throw my game out the window myself. I skipped the support tool and went out of my way to contact them.

Now returning to the issue at hand, train up essentially removes the Borg Officer from your account, train up allows you to get more space for other officers. You will need to submit a ticket and/ or try to grab someone from cryptic, there are ways of directly contacting the company. Despite what many people think because of no response from the ticket submitter, but they do care and they will listen to any concerns you have.

I encourage you to read about the conversation I had directly with Cryptic Studios here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=104625

and for obtaining and using pre order items click here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=100851

I wish a admin would sticky them both, and prevent a meltdown of posts regarding the same issues. The search tool is your best friend here.
Your links are broken
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Unfortunately I learned this lesson in closed beta... unless you have a free officer's slot, which shows by a greyed out area on your left side... otherwise the choice to "join" which means join crew, WILL NOT appear... You will only have train up, which means as you now know, train up a skill. Though why didn't you cancel the train up, which would have given you a list of skills to train up with...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Thank you for you speedy replies, i will tell her to contact them, however as stated above, your links are indeed broke.

As for the cancel thing, she actually did this when she didnt know what to do as i stated above, but it still removed her officer.

Thank you
Kensei