Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Maybe this is a dumb suggestion, but can't people just:

1) Make a new character.
2) Claim the Borg BO officer candidate form the C-Store.
3) Put the Borg BO candidate on the Exchange.
4) Buy the Officer from themselves.

Or is the Borg BO somehow bound to a specific character already?

I know I can put any spare candidate officers on the exchange - I haven't tested if I can do this with any of my own bonus items (force field, shuttle, etc).

If the above trick can be done then surely this will make the preorder items trivial, possible for anyone to gain?
Lt. Commander
Borg bridge officer - #605023 - Star Trek Online
02/04/2010
Resolved
Yes
I activated my promotion code for Borg bridge officer and this apeared in Inventory , I click on train up thinking was training up the officer and it deleted the Borg and add 1 skill to another officer , can warn players about this, as I have no manual yet and can you reverse this and give back Borg officer , can I suggest a warning message when the officer is being deleted

Yours Mr N Johnson
I am sorry to hear you lost your Bridge Officer. Unfortunately we will not be able to assist you with this issue. At this time items that are accidentally misplaced, deleted, deconstructed, sold or bound to the wrong character do not qualify for reimbursement. If by chance the item in question was associated with a mission, we will not be able to reset that mission for you. We appreciate your patience and you understanding in this matter! Thank you for Playing!
cbug.categorymain.gm
resolved

I activated my promotion code for Borg bridge officer and this apeared in Inventory , I click on train up thinking was training up the officer and it deleted the Borg and add 1 skill to another officer , can warn players about this, as I have no manual yet and can you reverse this and give back Borg officer , can I suggest a warning message when the officer is being deleted

Yours Mr N Johnson

I am sorry to hear you lost your Bridge Officer. Unfortunately we will not be able to assist you with this issue. At this time items that are accidentally misplaced, deleted, deconstructed, sold or bound to the wrong character do not qualify for reimbursement. If by chance the item in question was associated with a mission, we will not be able to reset that mission for you. We appreciate your patience and you understanding in this matter! Thank you for Playing!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dollmistress View Post

Or is the Borg BO somehow bound to a specific character already?
Correct. It's a Bind on Pickup deal, and cannot be traded.

The only solution, if Cryptic doesn't fix it, is to either play without it, or re-roll.

To the OP, it's not so much an issue with the Borg BO, as much as it's the game mechanic for ALL BO's. You have 2 options with them. Sign them up, or have them train an existing officer. The only difference between the Borg BO and the others is that it was a promo item. It still has to follow the same rules as all other BO's as far as game mechanics go.

My suggestion would be to try to get someone on the phone and explain the situation. More often than not, email is a poor communication tool in a case like this. Adding to the confusion is the system of comparing a customer's issue with a menu of possible solutions on a computer screen. Most of the time, the person answering the emails has no idea what they're talking about, they just follow prompts and regurgitate what the database tells them to.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2010, 08:34 AM
The devs can't fix user stupidity.

If you refuse to read what pops on on your screen and asks for your approval, that's your fault.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2010, 11:17 AM
well that's all well and good....however, i never even received my BORG BO. cryptic wont even answer my 2 tickets or emails on this issue. **** poor service. sigh...so much for the extra money for lifetime preorder digital version.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortichi View Post
well that's all well and good....however, i never even received my BORG BO. cryptic wont even answer my 2 tickets or emails on this issue. **** poor service. sigh...so much for the extra money for lifetime preorder digital version.
Did you check the c-store ingame? Did you enter the retail code on the website?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I have a lifetime so I suppose I can move on and forget about it. I can always create another character soon and claim it on them. Thanks for the helpful replies in here. But ultimately, I feel the training should not be applied to the unique BOF that you specifically have to claim but I understand its part of the BOF system and thats that. Just another point of view in a sea of them here on this forum.