Lt. Commander
# 1 The Path To 2409 - Continues
02-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Okay So I recieved the latest edition of Star Trek The Magazine and I notice something very interesting inside. They are doing The Path to 2409. Its not the full Path and I believe they stop at 2389, but one thing sticks out...the To Be Continued part. They say the next issue dated 3/30/10 will continue The Storyline. Now I dont know if it will finish off the series to 2409, but one things for sure they will complete the whole series in the next few issues.

I just want to thank Cryptic for continuing this great series and I love seeing it in The Magazine with all the photos and art that comes with it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm really interested in seeing Kestrel finish out the storyline.

I know they key points are shown during load screens, but sometimes they go by so fast I don't catch them all.

...no, that's not a request to increase load times...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 12:39 PM
That's heartening news. The Path to 2409 seems to have been forgotten. They were getting fairly regular with it up until a certain point before launch, and then all the content they wanted to preview seemed to be the same interview with a different interviewer, or some new screenshot.
I, for one, was hooked more by the storyline than anything. Was disappointed when they had to tie into Abrams' story, but I could live with it. It's really the reason I wanted to play this game. If I wanted something to pew pew in space, there's no shortage of that genre in gaming. Now it seems like Cryptic just cut up the rough drafts for what were supposed to be the subsequent Paths and threw them onto the loading screens. It's really hard to understand what the backdrop for the storyline is when they flash by like that, out of order or context, with only a few seconds to digest each sentence. I hope that Cryptic goes through with finishing them, if only to complete what they started, and to make us players feel more involved in mission playthroughs.

If all else fails, it'll be interesting to see what they make into a STO novel. Been following most of the Pocket Books post-Nemesis for a while now, so I'd like to see how that meshes.
Please Cryptic, don't let the story fall by the way side.