Lt. Commander
# 1 if you only knew
02-06-2010, 12:26 PM
if you only knew what it really takes to keep a game like this running smoothly you would shut up with the complaining that isn't helping the issues at hand
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockj
if you only knew what it really takes to keep a game like this running smoothly you would shut up with the complaining that isn't helping the issues at hand
Probably, but since they keep the server monkeys locked up in a windowless room during their shifts, our complaining isn't really hurting either.

Also, I'm pretty sure I could have programed this game twice as good in half the time. And provided all subscribers with pie.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
If you only knew what it takes to design and manufacture a car, you would shut up about it not running right and be thankful that they allow you to drive it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
Probably, but since they keep the server monkeys locked up in a windowless room during their shifts, our complaining isn't really hurting either.

Also, I'm pretty sure I could have programed this game twice as good in half the time. And provided all subscribers with pie.
Alright, get to work on that then. And your complaining (assuming you are complaining, since I don't recognize your handle) is hurting all of the people around here who are enjoying the game and, complaining aside, the forums.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 12:32 PM
If you only knew what it takes to run this country you'd stop complaining about paying taxes
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 12:32 PM
If you only knew what it took to keep the earth from spinning off it axis you'd stop complaining about gravity.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
It's not my job to know or care what it takes. I am not an employee. I am a customer.

All I need to know is, do I think the pruduct is worth paying for.
Is there better value for my money elsewhere (and again, I don't have to care if the better value has been out for 5 years or 1 month).
Am I enjoying myself.
Am I willing to pay for it.

That is it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
No, wrong. I don't know what it takes to design and build a new car, but I know a piece of crap when I see one, and I know when I like it and when I don't.

Now, I'm not saying that STO is a piece of crap .... but the fact that they can't keep their servers from disconnecting, the fact that half their missions are broken, the fact that they released the game before it was ready, the fact that they are attempting to bleed us for every penny they possibly can for a sub-par game ....

That's a Cryptic problem, not my problem as a customer. If they couldn't handle it, then they shouldn't of stepped up to the bar and said they could.

Now, as a customer I have the right to pay for this or not .... and I, like many others, are still deciding .... and while we're deciding we have the RIGHT to discuss the things we don't like about the current situation.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
If you only knew how much of an idiot you are, you would shut up with the complaining that isn't helping the issues at hand.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
I do have a fair idea of the process. I think the phrase you are looking for is "if you only cared," which I don't.

Their job is hard. So what? So is mine. So are the jobs of many of the people on the forum. That is not an excuse to fail at doing it satisfactorily. They read the job description when they signed up. If they are incapable of doing it properly, they should be adults about it and move on to something else that they can.

If I tell them I can't pay my sub exactly on time because of how complicated my life is, they're not going to give a damn. They provide a service, they expect money. Period. No excuses. I am simply holding them to that same standard. I provide money, I expect service. Period. No excuses.