Lt. Commander
# 21
02-06-2010, 12:18 PM
im getting fed up with this, every bloody time im in a hard mission the damn server goes down and i have to restart the mission
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-06-2010, 12:26 PM
It's obvious that the server is having some issues which is what I said. This thread was fine until old moth man there came in and started things up. I'm not complaining, just agreeing with the OP that there are some server issues. Was it an intire server crashing, no. Did I say the entire server went down no. I said there was obvious problems that were affecting a small group of people. The problem arises when you've got people calmly talking the issues and someone comes in and just bashes us for discussing them. Wow these STO forumn's are brutal. Not as a whole, but some of the people posting on here are some of the nastiest I've ever encountered.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-06-2010, 12:33 PM
You said.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by manbencen View Post
Got in an hit to continue the mission. Was beaming an away team to the U.S.S. Kirk and server crashed on me again. Defin. something going on.
Fair enough it was probably just an honest slip of the tongue.

All I wanted to point out was that the server did, in fact not crash as you indeed stated. As for the other server issues of course there is issues and heavy load at the moment it's 1st launch weekend!

EDIT: I actually didn't mean to come off as rude or anything, just thought u where another troll stating things about the game which are completely innacurate. If you have a look at my previous posts I generally try to stay polite.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Apology accepted Moth. Defin not a troll, lol. I've been watching and living Star Trek since the TOS first came out in Sindication. I love this game and hope it's here for years to come.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbencen View Post
Apology accepted Moth. Defin not a troll, lol. I've been watching and living Star Trek since the TOS first came out in Sindication. I love this game and hope it's here for years to come.
AWSOMESAUCE! glad to hear u like it, also just realised ur a fellow 08er

As for the dissco's, sure it's annoying and all but persionally this is the best MMO launch I have been it, including WOW(god that was bad), EVE (bad also), UO (not too bad), *** (really really bad), LotRO (actually was pretty good, but the game was tiny at launch)
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I've been with CoX for almos 3 years now and boy have they had some issues within the last year. I agree this has been a very stable launch. All the issues we were having during Beta were meant to be there. We were causing them, and that was our job. LOL. I think some people just came on in OB an just wanted to play the game early and not allow them to work the bugs out. I think all said and done this is a very stable launch.