Lt. Commander
This 1 server thing really isnt working out... Theres going to be even more people and LONGER qeues over the next couple of months too because more and more people are going to be buying this game over the next couple of months... Theres a good chance its going to be you are 5052 out of 1011 unless they do something about this.. Given the generally large response to the game, Surely they must have a plan B server situation on the back burner.. Any other of the MMO professional companys would >.> World of ******** has like... 100 servers lol
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylei
This 1 server thing really isnt working out... Theres going to be even more people and LONGER qeues over the next couple of months too because more and more people are going to be buying this game over the next couple of months... Theres a good chance its going to be you are 5052 out of 1011 unless they do something about this.. Given the generally large response to the game, Surely they must have a plan B server situation on the back burner.. Any other of the MMO professional companys would >.> World of ******** has like... 100 servers lol
as long as they are on top of scaling their infrastructure to handle the volume, there is no problem with the single server idea

i personally think they should separate it into multiples, like 5 or 10 but they are the bosses of their hardware so whatev

right now, capacity is obviously a problem, but i coulda sworn there was a dev post recently saying there was gonna be a hardware upgrade this weekend?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elboulevardo View Post
as long as they are on top of scaling their infrastructure to handle the volume, there is no problem with the single server idea

i personally think they should separate it into multiples, like 5 or 10 but they are the bosses of their hardware so whatev

right now, capacity is obviously a problem, but i coulda sworn there was a dev post recently saying there was gonna be a hardware upgrade this weekend?
Yeah I wish we could get an update or an ETA on that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylei
Didn't you make this same topic yesterday? Maybe it was someone else. I just know this came up yesterday and I was replying to a topic created by you yesterday.