Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 51
02-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostar
I agree! Xionanx's game probably would have rated higher than Furcadia, unlike this one: MMORPG Ratings
You fail. STO is rated 6.35, Furcadia is 6.02.

Also, that site is fail. Anything that calls Furcadia an MMORPG is fail. It's isometric chat room with hundreds of people who pretend they are dogs and cats and horses and mice and **** each other. That's it.

Sorry, got off topic there. But I agree with the OP. Give the game time. Why does everyone want immediate ****ing appeasement just out of the gate? It's an MMO, IT CHANGES OVER TIME!

Maybe I should stick to the game. No one cries and *****es in game, just on the boards.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
What a polished experience WoW is right? How many years did it take to get them to that point? How much money spent?
WoW was more polished and full of content on launch that STO will EVER be. Cryptic could develop content for this game for 5 years and not have what WoW had on launch day.

And should I compare them? Yes. STO is exactly the same type of game as WoW. PvE with some arena combat.... except no content and bargain basement instancing.

Nobody cares how much money Cryptic spent. The game isn't more fun to me because Cryptic made a cheap MMO and is capitalizing on some slick marketing and the current spike in Star Trek popularity to make a decent profit. I have no doubt (looking at the quality of this game) that Cryptic will do quite well from it... even IF it is barren after 30 days.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
There is not a single review of WoW at launch that agrees with you. Take a look around and see what the big guys were saying about the glitches and bugs in WoW at launch and the server issues that went on for weeks. You are looking back with rose-tinted spectacles my friend. Selective reasoning I think.
Oh...

Oh, brudda, are you ever right. Christ, WoW was painful at the end of CB and throughout OB and first little while after release. It wasn't even funny. Does not mean I did not enjoy the game when I was online, but you people are looking through, as the quoted so adequately put it, rose-tinted or Weed/Beer/Other by preference - goggles.

The only game that had a fantastic launch recently was WAR - and go screw yourself if you don't agree. It was as smooth as androids bottom in comparison to all that came before and everything (so far) that came since.

Did it stop the whiny ****** from...doing what they do best? Hell no!
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
And should I compare them? Yes. STO is exactly the same type of game as WoW. PvE with some arena combat.... except no content and bargain basement instancing.
This is the shortest, most painfully accurate description of this game I have yet encountered, in my opinion.