Lt. Commander
Hey guys,

I hope everyone is enjoying STO as much as me..

Talking about me a little about myself.
I am 37 and although I am Scottish I got very lucky and married a fantastic Dutch girl and have lived in Holland now for 10 years,I have played computer/console games since I was 8 years old and since then always had some sort of gaming system in my house.

I have played mmo's for about 8 years and before was maybe a bit more hardcore but have certainly calmed down since I got married.

Now I am maybe asking a bit much here but here is what I am looking for in a fleet..

Has to be a casual adult fleet,I do not want to let people down when I can not be on line,also I do not want to put up with whining kids when I am on-line.

I would like to be part of a fleet of around 30-40 members,I really do not enjoy "guilds" of 100 strangers,I would much prefer everyone knows each other rather than just being a number.

I would enjoy if we could still try and make a mark for ourself inside the game while we have a laugh.

I have lead guild's in the past and enjoy setting up guild events of all kinds,I have also been a raid leader,although I can not say 100% when I could do this now.

Anyway I think I have took enough bandwidth for this.

If any fleet needs a guy as picky as my post sounds not only will I be surprised but very happy to hear from you.

Sinhealer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:19 PM
greetings sin try us mate we dont have a crap load of members playing STO but we are picky on who we want tbh you sound like a guy with a real life so i think you would fit in with us nicely
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Ahh... a picky player, my favourite type... i get to do even more personalisation than usual (Don't like doing generic adverts, prefer actually talking to people rather than Copy-Pasting)

Firstly, the name of the fleet is "The Sanctuary" and all the boring generic info is in the link on my sig.

Quote:
Has to be a casual adult fleet,I do not want to let people down when I can not be on line,also I do not want to put up with whining kids when I am on-line.
We are a casual, civil and fun fleet. We do have a few younger members, but they don't get into the fleet unless they are civil, so whilst not officially an "adult" fleet we prefer to overlook the idea of age and focus on personality instead . The key point of our fleet is to build a friendly community.

Quote:
I would like to be part of a fleet of around 30-40 members,I really do not enjoy "guilds" of 100 strangers,I would much prefer everyone knows each other rather than just being a number.
We're actually smaller than that currently - we like to make sure our members are the right type for the group, so expansion is slow but steady as we find players with the personalities that fit our community. We all talk, have a laugh, and help each other out though.

Quote:
I would enjoy if we could still try and make a mark for ourself inside the game while we have a laugh.
Well, we are aiming to be a nice part of the ST:O community, including running of social events (Uniform / Ship design contests and the likes)

Quote:
I have lead guild's in the past and enjoy setting up guild events of all kinds,I have also been a raid leader,although I can not say 100% when I could do this now.
Well, this is my 4th leadership, and it sounds like you could be quite a good addition to our group (potential staff material even [Our ST:O branch is relatively new, so staff are very thin on the ground])

Quote:
If any fleet needs a guy as picky as my post sounds not only will I be surprised but very happy to hear from you.
Errr.... Surprise!

Well, thanks for being picky, makes my advertising preference a lot easier that way and good luck in finding a fleet that is right for you.

Dark Faith
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Greetings!

My name is Mike Lucas or Mlucas in game I am the one of the officers of STO and founder of BKB a online gaming community of over 2000 active members. You may wish to give our group a look. We are made up of a group of mature gamers, yet of all ages we are above all a “family style" group, without any specific time requirements. WE have a code of conduct that is simply but enforced. WE are not a UK or EU fleet but we have sevreral members from the Uk, and other Eu countires and 4 or 5 from Scotland. ( a few I have visited when working overseas in Glasgow) . Anway ...

Just a glimpse of some of the things we can offer:
1. We are extremely well organized, with over 12 years of MMO Experience in every major MMO from large mega guilds to small guilds. W
2. WE stress team work, respect to other guild members and gamers.
3. Fun, family friendly atmosphere.
4. NO DRAMA! We have a mature, drama free member base, with strong leadership.
5. Good size fleet, and growing daily
6. Members in several countries (U.S., UK, NZ), so we are on around the clock many who took out 1 year and lift time memberships so we plan on being here for a while.
7. With a 12 year history together in various MMO's, we know what it takes to make a guild grow and remain not only strong but more importantly enjoyable
8. A nice mix of folks who are hard core and causal.
9. Close knit group of folks who are willing to go the extra mile to help you out, and make you feel at home.
10. We have dedicated vent, ( which to insure the best possible team work is mandatory ),month newsletters, Weekly fleet events and a very active forum.

May I suggest heading over to our forums for more information, and see what you think. If you think we are a good fit, then feel free to contact me here, or register on our forums, and you can contact any player or senior member to help with any questions
If you like to Join
My in game name is Mlucas

If you like to join Please visit our web site , http://www.startrekonlineguildhq.com/