Lt. Commander
I know its pretty sad but there was a level 16 and a level 24 in a heavy cruiser at starbase 24 tonight. No way my little light cruiser can compete with that. I stuck around for three matches but when I saw they werent leaving I finally left.

Level Limits - Stop the guys farming for their alts please
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonsin View Post
I know its pretty sad but there was a level 16 and a level 24 in a heavy cruiser at starbase 24 tonight. No way my little light cruiser can compete with that. I stuck around for three matches but when I saw they werent leaving I finally left.

Level Limits - Stop the guys farming for their alts please
If you warp out and then back in you might get into a different instance then the one you were in befor. I do this when I am looking for a battle with more people in it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Thats usually what I end up doing but tonight wasnt my night. The first instance I was in had a level 14 in a cruiser. I did two rounds and he didnt leave so I jumped and then landed in the one with the Heavy Cruiser. The problem is, I have to finish the round and then find the top guy to see what his level is to figure out if i have a chance at all. By the time I go through a round or two and jump ship, I have wasted 10 to 15 minutes and then have to start the whole process again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst_Luna
If you warp out and then back in you might get into a different instance then the one you were in befor. I do this when I am looking for a battle with more people in it.
Just hit 'm' then change instance there...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
A simple fix would be to put any high level characters say ltc + in a completely different instance from everyone under that level. That means they can still farm for there ALTs but they have to compete against all the other high level guys for items.

Farming for items isn't really the problem its a big aspect in MMOS/RPGS/MMORPGS its just the way people do it ruining it for others and its the only way in this game really. Whereas usually in other games you could do it by yourself without having any trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Or simply disallow people +10 grades above the fleet action from 'scoring' in them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Sorry. WTF is the problem with this?
I mean I am only LC8 but when it is like 2am I enjoy popping in and helpng out folks who are lower lvl by extending shields and healing and if need be slamming the hell out of the groups attacking them.

I don't take drops because #1 I can't usse them and #2 who the hell needs to sell any low level crao for energy in this game? Have so much cash already i can not even imagine having to spend it they quests etc GIVE you more than you could ever need leveling up.

Does people coming in to help out cause that many people to nerdrage and wet themselves or is there a legit reason such as it screws up the instance...cause if so please post.

If it messes up the actual instance in some way i will stop immediately.

If it is just some little crybabies that perhaps lost a drop to someone being a douchebag and don't realize almost everything in this game WILL be handed to them as they level then I will probably continue to help out.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 03:46 PM
As far as I know it doesnt mess anything up. Its a rank think only. I like to try for a higher rank. It i dont get #1 no big switch instance try again. If I do get #1 great switch instance try again. It never causes me heartach about it. The drops from the encounters as you said are better as you level anyways. I am assuming its just a personal thing wanting to be the highest on the scoreboard.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 03:55 PM
I saw a Rear Admiral at SB24 the other night. That was sad.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 04:20 PM
My big suggestion for this would be to actually have us 'level out' of missions. I got offered the Pico defense the other day. I'm only a LC1, but it's a LT4 mission. I didn't realize that the mission didn't scale to my level until after I was in it.

At least it was easy. Low-level gorn ships: Little hammers wrapped in eggshells.