Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
Its so annoying to prep for an engagemnt by activating my line of apprpriate skills...only to look down and see that 1 or 2 havent been activated like I hoped. Im a fast mover on the battlefield, so once Im in engagement range, I have only a short period of time to make it count while maneuvering on/against the target.

I need to know that when I command a skill that its going to happen...even if it has to be queued up. This whole one button/command at a time stuff is unacceptabel in this day in age. I shouldnt have to choose between firing my weapons an selecting a skill. My ship is ran by a crew for Kahless' sake...that means I have multiple crew memebers onboard that should allow for my vessel to multi-task.

Skills from seperate BOs should activate immeaditaly...any additional commands for a BO should queue for one additional command in the buffer until the first command is executed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 09:43 AM
There is obviously no or a very minimal command queue. It is annoying when you see a skill grey out and start on cooldown and so stop looking at it, only to check back in a few seconds to see it wasn't activated.

Even more annoying is that weapons fire can interrupt an ability activation. This gets tedious when firing 1 second shared cool down cannons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 09:56 AM
I agree, the rapid fire nature of my BoP makes this an even more annoying issue.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 10:22 AM
A queue for commands? Yes, please.

When I go into battle, i pop off anywhere from 2-5 abilities the moment i come into attack range. As is, i have to spam each ability until i'm certain it's active, and then i move to the next one.

Being able to just, you know, queue them up would be fantastic.

While we're making wishes, i want a pony with frickin laser beams shooting out of its eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 10:24 AM
That'd be nice, but it seems possible lag also has a hand in this issue as I find I usually rubberband back or the lag has frozen the game for a moment when I try activate multiple skills.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Oh yes please, it's just so annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I'd so love to have this, but it wasn't a feature in CO in the slightest.

Of course, in there, we didn't activate multiple skills in rapid succession as well.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Because of my limited knowledge on the subject, I'm not sure, but would a command queue make the programming and implementation of bots and cheater-macros easier?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMHC
Because of my limited knowledge on the subject, I'm not sure, but would a command queue make the programming and implementation of bots and cheater-macros easier?
Yes slighlty easier than they can presently.

With the current UI, the same tools used by botters are typically used by players just to get the UI to work responsively.

People who do bots and cheat-macros aren't even going to notice the difference though. It'll just mean they won't have to time things as precisely, just like players won't be affected by the herky-jerky responsiveness.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SysOpPsyche View Post
Yes slighlty easier than they can presently.

With the current UI, the same tools used by botters are typically used by players just to get the UI to work responsively.

People who do bots and cheat-macros aren't even going to notice the difference though. It'll just mean they won't have to time things as precisely, just like players won't be affected by the herky-jerky responsiveness.
That makes sense. I was just thinking that, for example, there is a cooldown when switching weapons so that you can't expose-exploit instantly --> which means that theoretically a human could expose-exploit about a quickly as a bot program could, since there is a 2 sec or so window for reflexes.

I guess ultimately botting and such is a different issue from this; my bad for misunderstanding.