Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Retoric:

When the answer to the question is embedded in the question itself.


Yesterday was Friday. Today is Saturday.
What does this have to do with anything? You mean noone logs in on Friday? I mean come on the days of 9-5 and not working weekends went out in the 1980s. You cannot tell me there is that many more people logging in ona Sat than on a Fri. Simply does not make sense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH2010
What does this have to do with anything? You mean noone logs in on Friday? I mean come on the days of 9-5 and not working weekends went out in the 1980s. You cannot tell me there is that many more people logging in ona Sat than on a Fri. Simply does not make sense.
It is the weekend. On friday, people work, get home at night tired and go to bed. Come saturday, they play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
It is the weekend. On friday, people work, get home at night tired and go to bed. Come saturday, they play.
Please give me a break. I do not work Fridays I am not tired. Its pretty obvious to sane people that something has changed between yesterday and today. To go from 0 queue on Friday to 2-3 hour wait times on Saturday is not simply because more people are logging in. Take the servers down on Friday and see how many people post on here.

Something broke is all I can think of. Its definately not simply everyone takes Friday off from MMO land.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-06-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm not upset at all Cryptic. I'm very calm about this and approaching it like a mature adult but seriously, you need more than one server. One server, for example, works great for a game like Eve online because it is a niche game and generally only about 30k people are trying to log in at once except during major content additions. but, one server for for an IP with MASS appeal like Star Trek will not cut it. From what I've heard from G4 you guys have already hit the 1million+ mark on subscribers. And on the weekends MOST of those people would like to play because it is the only free time they get from RL obligations.

Having to sit in a queue for over 30 minutes to hours for a product you shelled out money for really ticks people off. Why pay for the product if you can't even use it? Again I'm completely calm about this. In fact, I've played as much as I wanted to because I play off peak hours. But I'm trying to get in the shoes of people who DON'T have a flexible schedule like me.

I doubt that you increasing capacity will alleviate much of the stress on one server especially on the weekends. It may help a little and allow more people in but the bottom line is that you're still going to have people on the outside looking in who paid money to enjoy a product but can't.

Please for these people,(because I know what it's like to have RL obligations) bring more servers online. What I would like to see is one server for Euro/Asia and 2 servers for North America. One for the west coast and one for the east coast. I'm certain that in the long run the expenditure of cash for the extra servers will even out due to the demand.

Peace, Cryptic and I wish you success.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH2010
Please give me a break. I do not work Fridays I am not tired. Its pretty obvious to sane people that something has changed between yesterday and today. To go from 0 queue on Friday to 2-3 hour wait times on Saturday is not simply because more people are logging in. Take the servers down on Friday and see how many people post on here.

Something broke is all I can think of. Its definately not simply everyone takes Friday off from MMO land.
Man.. can't you avoid making massive epic fail posts? You've done three in a row!

Alright.. let's think with uncle Ruivo:

You do not work, and you can afford to play everyday in the week at every hour. This includes saturday. Now, there ARE those who DO work and can't play on weekdays for the aforementioned reasons. Now, Saturday and Sunday are the only days that they can play, so many of them will try to log in as many hours as they can. Now, its YOU + Other people who can only play on weekends and that = Much greater server load = Queue lines.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:14 AM.