Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
I'm not sure how many of you got the chance to check out the Star Trek Expierience at Las Vegas, NV before it closed down, but I thought it would be neat to share some experiences and memories of your visit. Post pictures if you have them, or just jot down what you thought about it and the fun you had.

My first time to Las Vegas was approximatly 5 years ago. I had heard of the Star Trek Experience and knew that upon going to Vegas, that I would have to check it out at the Hilton where it was located within Vegas. My wife and I had decided to go just for the fun of it, and given that I'm not really one for heavy drinking or gambling, Vegas would be all about the shows to me, and Star Trek, was just up my alley.

Upon walking into the Experience, you were greated with actors dressed as Klingons, Ferengi, and even Borg. Of course, there were those in Starfleet uniforms as well. There was much to do there. A prominade with various shops to explore, two "rides" (if you can call them that), the restraunt Quarks, and a massive timeline showcasing every important tidbit of information Star Trek related. Hanging from the celine were massive replicas of the Enterprise D, Voyager and a Klingon Battlship. These were incredible and very accurate.

The first "ride" was a walk/ride that had you ride in a shuttle and eventually beam over to the Enterprise D bridge. There was a video in the front of the shuttle that acted as a view screen and had your shuttle working in cooperation with the Enterprise D to take out some Klingons (I believe). Very cool. Infact, if you were a massive Trekkie, you could even get married on the bridge of the Enterprise D.

The second "ride" was more of a ride and had you walk through corridors infested with Borg. This time, the EMH from Voyager was assisting and you eventually get into a ship with a massive view screen in front of you. You got 3D glasses and at one point were "assimilated" and were poked and proded in the back with animatronics in the seat. Very cool.

When we stopped off at Quarks, my wife and I decided to splurge and get an alcoholic drink we could share. We decided on the Warp Core Breech which was a bowling ball size cup with dry ice and various alcohols in it. The thing was massive and of course, not being heavy drinkers, we barely got 20% of it done after a couple hours. lol.