Lt. Commander
# 1 My Idea of "semi" open PVP
02-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Hello,

Now this is a suggestion that may have already been brought up, but heck, why not again?

My thought/idea is simple, so read it out and let me know.

So, as we know, Kilingons are the PVP faction, so this is how it should be layed out:

- Federation players can enter Klingon space, any sector - but, once they enter, they are flagged as full PVP - but, so are the Klingons
- Klingons can enter Federation space and flagged as open PVP - however, Feds are not - they must flag them selves open to be attack and therefor, PVP.
- Lastly, and I know this has been mentioned, is actually nuetral zones that are open PVP, and maybe other zones as well.

Still keep the maps, as I think they are fun - but for sure, I'd like to see something like the above put in.

Any thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Cryptic is supposedly working on a whole open RVR system.
With luck that will be complete in a few months.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 04:50 PM
The best open pvp you're gonna get is like the end of beta event where both sides can enter the same deep space encounters. Thing is, the population disparity really ***** the klingons during those few hours. I think more klingon players died than did borg npc's on that day. I know most klingons hated it judging by in game chatter and these forums at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah I know about the end of Beta event and yeah was a mess. But by the time open PVP enters (if it does), there will be more Klingons and, more areas.

Anyways, thought I'd post my idea.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoOverdose View Post
The best open pvp you're gonna get is like the end of beta event where both sides can enter the same deep space encounters. Thing is, the population disparity really ***** the klingons during those few hours. I think more klingon players died than did borg npc's on that day. I know most klingons hated it judging by in game chatter and these forums at the time.
It wasn't so much the population disparity as it was constantly spawning under federation guns with no chance to move or do anything. One spawn point for both factions is what ruined that event.