Lt. Commander
Waiting in a que to get into the game?

You did not anticipate this many people getting the game?

If you did not anticipate this many people, then why print this many copies of the freakin' game?

Unfreaking believable!

I am just going to do the same thing I did with my COD: MW2........I will cancel my crediat card transaction of the game with muy retailer explaining to my CC company that they were unwilling to accept back a DEFECTIIVE game. Yes this is legal and can be done. If enough people do this then then the RETIALERS (Best Buy in my case) put pressure on the DISTRIBUTOR/PUBLISHER (ATARI) for allowing the DEVELOPER (CRYPTIC) to stop putting out pieces of crap like this in the first place. No wonder the death knell of the PC game has been ringing much more loudly than in the past. Thanks to developers and publishers who care about nothing buck making money and not proving a great product that actually works.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Agree.
02-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Don't release a game you can't play. This is unbelievable. Every single night, guys. Come on.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 06:02 PM
because every other MMORPG in history has always had 100% smooth launch, with no ques, no login issues, or anything of that nature.

Hell I still have a screenshot from me trying to log into WoW a few days after release and still having a 290+ placement in que.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewybunny View Post
because every other MMORPG in history has always had 100% smooth launch, with no ques, no login issues, or anything of that nature.

Hell I still have a screenshot from me trying to log into WoW a few days after release and still having a 290+ placement in que.
Beats the crap out of the 1000+ placement that many of us have experienced. Also WoW had a pretty decent game once you got in vs. STO's "HAI LETS GO BLOW UP MOAR KLINGONS AND IF YOU DIE ITS OK THIS GAME IS EZ AND WE DON'T LIEK DEPTH AROUN HERE"
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Not good things.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Game is not even a week out and we have ques??? Come on!! You ask me to play the game and drop my cash to do it, the least you can do is increase the capacity before hand.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Quote:

I hear this alot about how all MMO's have gone like this. What point is trying to be made here? That just because it is an MMO bad business practices are ok?

One would think by examining previous Launches that "ANY" company, especially one like Cryptic that has several MMO's would know how to do it effectively, and we as consumers should expect better.

The sad reality is this game was built with a short term profit margin in mind, and they know they will not need more servers in the coming months so they just got enough to get by on.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Quote:

Are you dumb, i've seen the que go as high as 1500.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 06:28 PM
What gets me is when I am able to get in just fine, but I get a disconnect while entering a system and then after 10 reconnect tries restart my client and then have to wait in queue to see if I can log back in without another series of disconnect errors.