Lt. Commander
I apologize for the double post. I initially asked this in General Discussion, but it was immediately swept off the front page by all the screaming. I'm hopeful that this section might work a bit better.

I had several spare bridge officers, which I put in the bank. I had the idea I'd hold them and transfer them to a future alt. However, one of the recent patches removed the ability to do this. That's fine, it was a bug or whatever. That's not my issue.

The problem is, I can't seem to find a way to move them from the bank back into the Assignments tab. If I doubleclick them, or right click and select Equip, they only have the option to Train. If I had an open officer slot, I assume they might also have the option to Join. However, I don't need either of them on my current character. Is there any way to get them back into the assignments tab so I can trade them or use the Exchange, or is my only option to delete them?

I'm mostly just curious. In the long run, I don't suppose it matters a great deal - once I have enough money I can get more off the exchange and then mail those to the alt. I'd just like to use the ones I have if I can, since I liked the combination of race and skills enough to keep them in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Have you tried dragging them to the assignments area? I'm not sure if that works, but dragging them OUT of the assignments area is how I got my BOs into the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMHC
Have you tried dragging them to the assignments area? I'm not sure if that works, but dragging them OUT of the assignments area is how I got my BOs into the exchange.
Yes, I have. Nothing happens - they just snap back into the bank. I'm also having a similar problem with the Borg preorder officer, in that it dropped her into inventory rather than Assignments. In her case, I intend to fix it by hiring her as soon as I get another slot, but in the meantime she's welded to that location in my inventory - I can't even move her to a different spot. So for now, I'm being *very* careful whenever I do anything to inventory so I don't somehow accidentally delete her.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowself
I'm mostly just curious. In the long run, I don't suppose it matters a great deal - once I have enough money I can get more off the exchange and then mail those to the alt.
You're going to mail officers to another captain (albeit yourself...)? I'm sure there's a Starfleet regulation against that somewhere...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khromm View Post
You're going to mail officers to another captain (albeit yourself...)? I'm sure there's a Starfleet regulation against that somewhere...
I'm transferring them to another posting. Anyway, I'm sure that it uses the same humane storage system that the requisition store employs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Anyone else picturing Henry Bemis here?

Burgess Meredith ftw.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 06:45 PM
I checked to see who Henry Bemis was. I'm not sure I follow the reference you're making.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I have the same problem.

Before they made "some bridge officers not tradable" you were able to store them in your bank (they used to be stored inventory slots).

Now they are no longer stored in inventory slots, but are stuck in the bank if you placed them there.

I think you can commission them and then trade them or put them on the exchange, but you won't be able to "move" them out of the bank to your inventory anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Henry Bemis was stuck in the bank vault when the bomb went off. If you'd ever seen that episode of The Twilight Zone you'd never forget it.