Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 I hate the Sol System
02-06-2010, 08:29 AM
I hate going to the Sol System for one reason and one reason only. If I go there it takes forever, if ever, to load. I have been and currently trying to get to my character that is in the Sol system. Last night I used the Transwarp ability to get straight from the Regulas sector block to Earth. It was able to load up once before the server crashed. Even now I can't access him, my character is still stuck on the Sol System loading screen.

Would it be possible to get a queue list to know how long it would be until I can get to the Sol system or to hurry up the access or to tell me that I was kicked out for whatever reason?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 08:39 AM
I agree -- nothing waiting 11-15 minute (OR WORSE), while the processor's locked at 100% (yes, the whole time) .................................................. ........... just to be in "Sol System" for all-of-the 5 seconds it takes to click the "Warp to Sector" button. <sighs> >< And yes, this happens warping into "Sol System" from either Sirius Sector or from Earth/Sol Station, Yeah, I know --<whine-whine>. I want t' play, dangit! ;-)

Update: After an hour and half of zoning (ONCE each way!) between Sirius sector and Sol Station, and major laggage in Sol Station, I'm finally out cruisin' the galaxy and causin' mayhem again. Good luck, and hopefully I'll never have to return to Earth. (Yeah-yeah, fat chance o' that, I know.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 09:18 AM
still no access here though
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 09:19 AM
The trick to getting in and out of Sol in 10 seconds rather than an hour is to turn your lighting to LOW and set any of the world detail sliders (both the amount of detail and the distance) to minimum.

You'll slide right in there. I do that before I jump in, do my business, jump out, and set my settings back where I want them. It sucks, but it is a workaround I've found that does the trick in my case.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Well, once I left Sol System, I zoned all over the place, no problem. Now I've been waiting over 10 minutes to leave the Crystalline Entity fleet action. Maybe someday this will get fixed. Thanks for the tips about graphics settings ... I'll change them when I can access the client (open the settings). <heheh>
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 11:16 AM
I let my load screen sit for over 2 hours and the game never did load. I ended up having the kill the app in the Sys Manager and that toon still will not load...

I played closed and open beta and I NEVER had problems like this...

<- Not pleased.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfab
The trick to getting in and out of Sol in 10 seconds rather than an hour is to turn your lighting to LOW and set any of the world detail sliders (both the amount of detail and the distance) to minimum.

You'll slide right in there. I do that before I jump in, do my business, jump out, and set my settings back where I want them. It sucks, but it is a workaround I've found that does the trick in my case.
Wow, I can't believe that worked. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Sadly this does not work for all of us. Im trapped in loading now matter how often I reboot/restart. Graphics are low, windowed , drivers updated... I'm just stuck.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Sounds like you need an upgrade... Whats ur specs?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit
x2 Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit
ASUS Striker II Extreme - nForce 790i Ultra SLI - LGA775 Socket
Intel Core 2 CUP 6700 @ 2.66 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 1G

I should be able to handle this. I played for 11 levels with no issue (aside from population).