Lt. Commander
# 1 autofire
02-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Please allow all weapons to be set to autofire at once.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 03:07 AM
SIGNED!!!
Space combat should be focused on strategy more than on button mashing and gaming keyboards/mice.
During beta I was able to set one ground weapon to auto fire.
Autofire for space and also autofire for one weapon on the ground-SIGNED
Another WoW simply goes against star trek.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 03:13 AM
There's been lots of threads like this and I'm not sure why cryptic took away autofire on ground and never implemented auto fire on all beam weapons.
In space it is a big help early on and saves sore thumbs!

Crytpic we have enough to manage in space and ground without worrying about whether our standard weaponry has finished cycling, please bring back auto fire for ground and space non-torp/mines weapons!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Honestly, im having a frickin carpal tunnel developing from the space fights!
I love it, and I believe I can "kick butt" but after all night of space bar / ctrl / 1-9 wasd + mouse etc mashing Im getting a bit tired of it all...
Auto fire will add enjoyment that we are loosing due to this...
Its not making it easier to save some poor guy from lack of button mashing skills.
This is not a big deal allowing us to rest our hands from spamming at least one button and giving us some reach to hit others that are needed.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romah View Post
Honestly, im having a frickin carpal tunnel developing from the space fights!
I love it, and I believe I can "kick butt" but after all night of space bar / ctrl / 1-9 wasd + mouse etc mashing Im getting a bit tired of it all...
Auto fire will add enjoyment that we are loosing due to this...
Its not making it easier to save some poor guy from lack of button mashing skills.
This is not a big deal allowing us to rest our hands from spamming at least one button and giving us some reach to hit others that are needed.
Yeah, Cryptic is being freaking stupid about this. I've such a jaded opinion of Cryptic now, especially since they took away the ground auto attack; i.e. that means it's their design decision to to create this clickfest for us, not some coding issue or the like. Just allow autofire/autoattack for any/all abilities, and be done with the issue

Since Cryptic is being so stupid, we have to literally defend ourselves against RSI/carpal by using macro programs (or stop playing). When you do, you will find this is really is how the game should be played, especially space combat, You're concerned about a few less mindless things, and the you actually feel like your playing a game rather than mashing a keyboard.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 03:54 AM
*cries*
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 04:24 AM
SIGNED!!!!

Kirk: Fire all weapons!!!!
*weapons fire once and stop*
Kirk: ??!??!?!? What the, I said fire all weapons.
Tactical Officer: Sir you didn't say to keep firing.
Kirk: @$$!$!!%#%@$%%@%@%$%@#%@%

Seriously, we captains have more to worry about than constantly firing our weapons. Thats why we have a crew!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 04:25 AM
this would be a great add on I was thinking about too lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 05:28 AM
/signed

You allowed us to have two weapons on autofire to ease stress on our hands and a gameplay, right?
So, please Cryptic, be reasonable and finish this idea properly, thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 05:40 AM
I'd also like to set autofire on all weapons instead of just 1 front, 1 aft.
It's just troublesome to be concentrating on just firing weapons.

We need to pay attention on the shield facing, diverting power, BO power, all while trying not to run into another group of enemies AND still keep firing weapons...
Give us a break.... please.