Lt. Commander
# 1 Rubber Physics of Asteroids
02-06-2010, 10:28 PM
If I could only ask for one change in the game it would be the interaction with the environment. I can over look the two dimensional representation of an unlimited three dimensional outer space environment. When I hit an asteroid I should not just bounce off. The space around me has almost no effect on the game play. Space is not a void. You can even fire threw them, even parts of the bigger ones. I would like to use asteroids to block and hopefully have my adversary crash into. When I ram into anything at all damage should be caused, even to my team mates. Asteroids are solid objects, if you shot them they break and if you run into them you explode. No more rubber physics, try mass times velocity equals an immersive game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 10:52 PM
this would make the game very realistic and completely unplayable to a large fan base.

There is a such thing as too much realism.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slarus View Post
this would make the game very realistic and completely unplayable to a large fan base.

There is a such thing as too much realism.
Honestly... Is it that difficult on people to avoid running into them? I've played since open beta and have never hit one yet.

I would suggest not blowing up but taking 30% hull damage or even 50% shield drop to shield facing colliding.

Another thing... why isn't anything animated? All these asteroids in space and not one of them moves a little. Floating debris doesn't move. Derelict ships don't move. Nothing anywhere but players and enemy ships moves.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 12:32 AM
What bugs me the most is when you literally hit a planet and you just bounce off. I agree that some damage should be taken upon hitting large, solid objects, or at LEAST give us some sort of sound effect.