Lt. Commander
# 1 Hail Starfleet?
02-06-2010, 11:20 PM
At the end of missions after I've completed the main objective I usually get the objective to "Hail Starfleet to Report" in the quest log window on the right side of my screen. The problem is, I can't figure out how to hail starfleet. The hail starfleet button is usually not there at all. I've had to go back to earth after every mission to get my rewards. Is there a command I haven't found to hail starfleet?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Err.

The big blue button on the bottom left side of map control area that was the iconic Starfleet/Star Trek delta emblem on it.

<facepalm>
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepton View Post
Err.

The big blue button on the bottom left side of map control area that was the iconic Starfleet/Star Trek delta emblem on it.

<facepalm>
No, sorry, you can't really facepalm a single question from a newbie in this game. There is ZERO documentation or access to relevant information in this game. We can't view any useful information about our ship while docked. Science consoles do not say what they contribute to. Some skills, like science crew based skills, respond to some seemingly unrelated consoles while ignoring others. Plasma energy weapons consoles do not affect plasma torpedoes, but you'd never know it unless you equipped one. Some missions completely omit where you need to go, ie the Crystalline Entity mission that says go to sector XXXX and system YYYY. There are easily a hundred or more just completely asinine omissions in the UI, mission descriptions, item descriptions, skill descriptions, and the help file.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 11:59 PM
I can understand your frustration but I am pretty sure the tutorial explains what the rather huge (it's nearly the biggest button in the entire UI) and flashing (yes, it flashes, nothing else does) blue button with the Starfleet symbol on it is for.

There is certainly a lack of information but in this case I would hope that it is pretty apparent/obvious how one turns in quests.

The big, blue, flashing button with the Starfleet symbol on it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the answer, Lepton. That fixed the problem.

Avenstar is right about documentation, though. I've read the manual and all the tutorials in the help computer thingy and it said nothing about hailing starfleet.

Took me a while to figure out how to loot, also (the tutorial says click on the icon, but I didn't know what an icon looks like).

They say nothing about how skills and equipment relate to things you do in the game. I'm just blindly throwing points around into skills, hoping I get something useful out of it. What's the difference between bleed through and absorbtion on shields? Who knows.

I really hope some better documentation comes out, because I'm flying blind.